There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,800 off

pls teach me about nuclear fuusion and fission with some problems on it and pls tell me where d o i get info. about it and some visuals

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear student,

Nuclear fission is the process of splitting atoms, or fissioning them. This page will explain to you the basics of nuclear fission. Before we talk about that, however, I would like to discuss marbles. Everyone's played with marbles at one time or another, right? Well, imagine about 200 marbles lying on a flat surface, all jumbled together, and roughly forming a circle. What would happen if someone took another marble and threw it at them? They would fly all around in different directions and groups, right? That is exactly what happens in nuclear fission. The filled circle is like an atom's nucleus. The marble being thrown is like a "neutron bullet". The only differences are that the marbles are protons and neutrons and the protons and neutrons aren't in a filled circle, but in the actual atom are in the shape of a sphere. Of course, an atom is also a bit more complicated than a pack of marbles.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

It is all available on Wikipedia but basic information is that in a nuclear fusion a lot of energy is required and after fusion there is a change in entry equivalent to c square and mass change or defect

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Modern Physics

Archimedes say"give me a place to stand and I Wii move the earth" Meaning of this statement.
Actually archimedes understood the concept of leverage he very well know that by increasing the distance between fulcrum and point where we apply force any load can be easily lift off so by ...
Tushar 29 days ago
in space there is no air why?what is the reasons of about this?tell me clearly?
Hello Kumar T hat's a good, but very tricky, question. It turns out that there is actually gravity in space . I dont knoe about that
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
dear kumar.... in space there is no air because of a bove that level, light gases like helium and hydrogen are most common . air thins as you go up in altitude because the majority of air...
mohan 9 months ago
There is no air in space because there is no gravity to condense the molecules of gases found there into air . On Earth, gravity holds nitrogen, oxygen .there is no atmosphere also in space.
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
What is called a valence band and the conduction band?
In a crystal, the energy band which includes the energy level of valence electons (electrons in the outer most orbit) is called valence band and the energy band above the valence band is...
Adarsh 2 months ago
The valence band is the highest range of electron energies in which electrons are normally present at absolute zero temperature, while the conduction band is the lowest range of vacant...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
How to find magnetic declination in a practical way???(without using any previous recorded magnetic declination values)
Magnetic declination or variation is the angle on the horizontal plane between magnetic north (the direction the north end of a compass needle points, corresponding to the direction of the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
But if we place magnetic compass then we can only know the magnetic north. We cannot find true north in the magnetic compass
Kothakonda Maharshi one month ago
basic concept of calorimetry and heat transportation
@ anjali kindly elaborate your ques a little bit , so, that we can help u in a better way . acc to the principle of calorimetry if there is a diffrence between the temp. of two objects and...
Umakant biswal 15 days ago
Find the equivalent resistance between A And Din this circuit
The loop ABCDA shown in the circuit is a Wheatstone bridge circuit( r ab /r ad = r bc /r dc ) in which points B and D are at same potential i.e, V b = V d . Hence no current will flow in...
Raman Mishra one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,600 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 2,800 off

More Questions On Modern Physics

Ask Experts