There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

there are 2 same rods, one is conductor and the other is they are connected in parallel and  a galvanometer is attached with each to measure current in rods.

now when a 10 V battery is connected to the system both galvanometer shows the same deflection. now the battery is replaced by a 20V battery. then which galvanometer shows greater deflection? and why?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Suchintan,

The semiconductor rod shows more deflection because in semiconductors the current flow is due to the both electrons and holes. So, as we have increased the voltage more electrons and holes are created due to increase of the elctrical potential energy and thus making more electrons go to the conduction band from the valence band. Also due to the heat generated during conduction the electron and hole numberfurther increases. Thus ultimately allowing more current to flow when compared to the conventional conductors whose resistance increases as the temperature increases.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best !!!

Askiitians Experts

Adapa Bharath

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Modern Physics

find the unit vector perpendicular tothe vetors P=3i+j+2k and Q=2i-2j+4k. pls explain the steps too
first u have to find the cross product of these two vectors......i hope that u know how to find cross product... (3i+j+2k) X (2i-2j+4k) = 8i-8j-8k now this one is the property of cross...
Deepak Gauniyal 3 months ago
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
What is the difference between α − particle and helium atom?
Alpha particles consist of two protons and two neutrons bound together into a particle identical to a helium nucleus. This is produced in the process of alpha decay. Helium atom is composed ...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 months ago
Alpha radiation contains alpha particles. alpha particle is identical to nucleus of a helium atom,which comprises two protons and two neutrons.
N JYOTHEESWAR 10 months ago
An alpha particle has 2 protons and 2 neutrons whereas a helium atom has 2 protons, 2 neutrons and 2 electrons.
Apurva Dhadwal 10 months ago
what is force
Force can be simply stated as a Push or Pull which occrs due to the interaction between any two or more objects resulting in a change in the energy and velocity of the object .Force...
Kishorkumar 6 months ago
force is simply concider as push or pull then the object or thing have got some energy .f=ma or f=Mg.thank you.
NARAYANA 6 months ago
jyotheeswar one year ago
What is physical optics?
The branch of optics which deals wave behavioure of light.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
L GOUSE BASHA one year ago
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
Can a room be cooled by leaving the door of an electric refrigerator open?
A refrigerator is a heat engine that works in backward direction i.e., it extracts heat from a low temperature reservoir and transfers it to a high temperature reservoir. Thus it exhausts...
vamshi one year ago
No,it is never possible for this incident.because refrigerater formula is taken heat from low temperature by working substance.if you open the door then refrigerater is very hot condition...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
A wire of length 2.5 km and resistance 35 ohm has fallen from a height of 10m in earth's horizontal field of 2 *10^-5 T . What is the current through the wire? Please provide the formulae...
I think this should go as: potential generation = E*d = 2*10^-5*10 = 2*10^-4 V. I = V/Resistance = 2*10^-4/35 A is the required answer. Perhaps!
Vikas TU 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Modern Physics

Ask Experts