In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.

In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Mudit
67 Points
7 years ago
Weight isin downward direction(mg).It can be resolved into two components mgcos30 and mg sin30. mgsin30 is down the inclined plane.The reading of spring balance =mgsin30
                                                                               =10*0.5*g
                                                                               = 5kg f
If you find it helpful plz approve my answer.:)
Mudit
67 Points
7 years ago
May      I      know        what     is     the     correct     answer     to     this     question. So as to help myself in studies.Hope You reply as soon as possible.                                                                                                                                                                     

Kenny Toijam
56 Points
7 years ago
The answer is 60Newton.From Lift(Non-Inertial) Frame of view the system and the spring in particular is at rest since the equal and opposite forces are acting from both sides and the exact force is transmitted equally along the length of the spring............................Therefore apply 10(g+2)sin30 -T=10(0)=0Now find T =60N

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free