There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A particle moving along positive x-axis with a speed of 5m/s suddenly changes its direction along the positive y-axis with the same speed.The change in velocity of the particle is what?        (In these type of qstns i am unable to determine the resultant direction of the particle.Can u suggest a simple way of determining it.)

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Chandan das

here you should see what is initial and final velocity.

initial velocity = 5i

final velcity  = 5j

so change in velocity = (final -inital)

and for magitude = |5j-5i|

resultant direction is changes with respect to time.

suppose for t1 sec it moves in x direction and then for t2 sec it moves in the y direction so

so resultant direction = tanΘ=y/x = 5t2/5t1

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

With what angular velocity earth should rotate so that a body lying at 30 degree latitude becomes weightless(in terms of g and R)?? Pls provide with proper explanation and also step by step...
As per my knowledge there is no need of taking 30 degree but if it earth should rotate 17 times faster then that of all other planets then body lying on equator become weightless ....that`s...
2017 years ago
if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
If the linear density of rod of length 3m varies as (lambda) = 2+x then the distance of centre of gravity of the rod is: (a) 7/3m (b)12/7m (c)10/7m (d)9/7m Pls provide with the complete...
Here it is given that Considering an element dx of the rod, its mass dm will be: If x cg denotes the centre of gravity of the rod, then: => Substituting the value of , we get: Solving the...
Raman Mishra one month ago
total mass = density * length that is dm = lamda * dx dm = (x+2)dx integrating both sides, we get, m = x^2/2 + 2x = l^2/2 + 2l put l = 3 meter. m = 9/2 + 6 = 21/2 m that is approx. 10.5 m
Vikas TU one month ago
what is Faraday’s law?
a law stating that the amount of any substance deposited or liberated during electrolysis is proportional to the quantity of electric charge passed and to the equivalent weight of the...
sathish one year ago
Dear Students, We are noticing that some users are copying the answers posted by previous users or from wikipedia and posting it as their answer. We request you all not to do this activity...
Forum Team one year ago
Faraday's law of induction is a basic law of electromagnetism predicting how a magnetic field will interact with an electric circuit to produce an electromotive force (EMF)—a phenomenon...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
what is latent heat?what is the latent specific heat of fusion and vapourization?
Hi, latent heat meat when the subtance is changes to one state to another state by the heat that heat is called LATENT HEAT. LATENT SPECIFIC HEAT OF FUSION is nothing but one unit of the...
Why is it not possible to apply Gauss Theorem for a FINITE straight wire?
It is not that we 'need' to use an infinite wire or plane. For example, I am sure there must be problems in the N.C.E.R.T. textbooks where you use a finite charged wire to calculate the...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
I think your question is not clear. Yes it is possible to apply gauss theorem for a finite wire.. Apply it like you do to a sphere or any other body.
Kaushàl 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts