There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A particle moves under the force F(x) = (x2 - 6x)N, where x is in metres. For small displacements from the origin what is the force constant in the simple harmonic approximation ??

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

aas F=-kx

k= -dF/dx

= -(2x-6)

as x tends to 1, we have k=6N/m

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

which books should i prefer for complete physics for theory n numericals for iit jee advance
@ mohit as far as jee advanced is concerned , it will have all conceptual ques combining from 3-4 concepts . so , u need to have a good grasp over the concepts to get good ranks in advanced ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
SAHIL 2 months ago
i think yu should prefer only hc verma book numericals and other previous years iit solved papers and nothing else
Singh Shivam 2 months ago
Is there any book on theory of relative velocity of approach and separation
@ manju h c ver ma is the best one for that , it explains the relative velocity part in a little bit of detail by taking the example of diffrent scenario . so, u can use that , they also...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I think cengage physics mechanics-1 is the best because there is a complete explaination about all cases like minimum time of approach also angle of particles without using calculus and in...
benny bhai 3 months ago
DC Pandey explains the topic clearly andcan be very helpful to do problems related to relative velocity.So I would recommend you Mechanics-I by DC Pandey.
Mudit 2 months ago
A particle is moving with a uniform acceleration along a straight line. Its velocities at A and B are respectively 7m/s^2 and 17m/s^2. M is the mid point of A and B. If t1is the time tajen...
let total distance be x meter b/w A and B. them to mid – point the eqns. are: (x/2) = 7*t1 + 0.5at1^2..............(1) and v = 7 + a*t1 For M to B (x/2) = (a*t1 + 7)*t2 +...
2017 years ago
a charged particle of mass 2 mg remains freely in air in an elecrric field of strength 4 N/C directed upward. calculate the charge and determine its nature (g=10m/ s 2 )
The given electric field should exert an upward force on the particle so that it cancels the gravitational force which acts on the particle in the downward direction. Since the electric...
Raman Mishra one month ago
How to determine potential gradient of a given wire?
@arka potential gradient is the drop in potential per unit length of a wire . so, acc to the formula potential gradient = R/L so, as R= RHO*L/A SO, BY modifying potential gradient will be...
Umakant biswal one month ago
what is the dimension formula of electric flux??????????????
L 3 MT −3 I −1 the dimension formula of electric flux is ield lines going through a normally perpendicular surface. f is the measure of flow of the electric field through a given area....
vamshi one year ago
While Gauss' Law holds for all situations, it is only useful for "by hand" calculations when high degrees of symmetry exist in the electric field. Examples include spherical and cylindrical ...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH one year ago
Electric Flux: The total number of electric lines of force passing through a normal plane inside an electric field is called Electric flux (φ ) . It is a scalar quantity. AND ITS DIMENSION...
saran one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts