There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

an open link chain is there and each link is of mass .1 is being pulled against gravity in vertically upward direction....find the force on the link1(the lowest one)by link 3 on 4 on 4 on 5..........

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear shivanshi

Let the force F is aplied on the link and it is moving with and acceleration a.

and  chain has total 1 link

F- n*1*g =na

a= F/n -g

let N1 force is applied by link 2 on link 1

N1- 1*g = 1*a

N1 = g+a

let N2 force is applied by link 3 an link 2

N2 -2*g =2*a

N2 = 2(g+a)

similerly other link

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Refer to the figure. All the surfaces are frictionless. The strings are massless and inextensible. The ratio of tensions T1 and T2 is: a)1 : 5 , b) 5 : 1, c) 1 : 1, d) 6 : 1 (answer), e)1 : ...
Let the acceleration of the system be a. Considering the 2kg and 10kg masses and writing the equation of motion for them, we have: For 10kg mass: (1) For 2kg mass: (2) Substituting eqn(2)...
Raman Mishra one month ago
The applied force is not mentioned...we cant solve without it...there is a short cut method for this type of problems....I cant use it unless u give the numerical value of the force which is...
Soham Chowdhury one month ago
But the force was not given with the question. There was no numerical value, just ‘F’. I’d be happy if you gave me the shortcut, though.
Grace Mathew one month ago
A particle of mass m moves on the x axis as follows : it starts from rest at t=0 from the point x=0, and comes to rest at t=1,at the point x=1 . No other information is available about its...
Heree more than one options seems to be correct. For A - @ cannnot remain positive for all values of 0_ 4 at some point of its path.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Sorry the full text didn`t seem to appear. For option A - @ cannot remain +ve for all values of 0_ 4 at sime point of its path.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Please solve the second question on that image I will rate you.....
See i think its a good question. Normal reaction is zero actually means that it follows the same trajectory as the surface.This data is of no use,its a simply a projectile question. I cant...
Piyush Behera 8 days ago
Hello Jyothi The attraction a magnet produces is called a "magnetic field." ... Other kinds of magnets are even more powerful, strong enough to pick up ... Usage Examples.
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
my dear friend it was simple that the uses of magnets are very simple was that to attract something which is related to iron as well as some metals.there are many uses of magnets in our...
jyotheeswar the attraction a magnet products is called a magnetic field and other kinds of magnets are even more powerful strong enough to pick up and more
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
what is the mutual conductance........please expain it?
Dear Sreenivas, Mutual conductance is the magnetic flux is created in one coil influenced by the another coil present in magnetic field.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
The phenomenone in which an emf is induced in the secondary coil due to the change of magnetic flux in the primary coil
Prabhakar ch 8 months ago
body is thrown vertically upwards with velocity u the ratio of times at which it is at particular height is 1: 3 what is the maximum height reached by the body above point of projection
To attain maximum height, apply simple formulae: u^2/2g. It doesn’t requires this extra much information like: the ratio of times at which it is at particular height is 1: 3 .
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts