There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A cane filled with water is revolved in a vertical circle of radius 4m and the water just does not fall down the time period of revolution will be

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear pallavi

at the top most position

three forces will act on the water

1 weight in the downward direction

2  normal reaction by bucket in the downward direction

3 centrifugal force in the upward direction

so  mg + N =mv2/r

for water just does not fall   N ≥ 0

so  mg = mv2/r

v =√gr

so time period T = 2∏r/v

=2*3.14*4 /√4g

=3.14*4 /√9.8

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago
i did nt understand the solution * this star idicates n my did v take n=o 
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

if a body move with u velocity then after collide with wall and remove with v velocity what is the impulse
Hi aman, I think this might help as we know that Impulse and also F=m(dv/dt) so (here m is the mass of body and dv/dt =acc) here p is the momentum ans delta p is change in momentum hence in ...
Ankit Jaiswal 17 days ago
any post any query as a post...
Ankit Jaiswal 16 days ago
and plz approve this will help me alot...
Ankit Jaiswal 16 days ago
Refer to the figure. All the surfaces are frictionless. The strings are massless and inextensible. The ratio of tensions T1 and T2 is: a)1 : 5 , b) 5 : 1, c) 1 : 1, d) 6 : 1 (answer), e)1 : ...
Let the acceleration of the system be a. Considering the 2kg and 10kg masses and writing the equation of motion for them, we have: For 10kg mass: (1) For 2kg mass: (2) Substituting eqn(2)...
Raman Mishra one month ago
The applied force is not mentioned...we cant solve without it...there is a short cut method for this type of problems....I cant use it unless u give the numerical value of the force which is...
Soham Chowdhury one month ago
But the force was not given with the question. There was no numerical value, just ‘F’. I’d be happy if you gave me the shortcut, though.
Grace Mathew one month ago
a body is projected vertically up with a velocity 60m/s, the % of its initial ke converted into pe after 3 seconds?
at 3 seconds , h = 60*3 – 0.5g*9 = > 135 meter. P.E. = mgh = >1350m K.E = 0.5m*3600 = > 1800m % = 1350m/1800m * 100 => 75%
Vikas TU 2 days ago
Write the second law of reflection?
The angle of incident is equal to angle reflection.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
First Law of Reflection : The incident ray, the reflected ray, and the normal all lie on the same plane. Second Law of Reflection : The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
Light is known to behave in a very predictable manner. If a ray of light could be observed approaching and reflecting off of a flat mirror, then the behavior of the ...
venky one year ago
sir how to use kirchoff law in case of capacitors plzz explain.... i tired to study it but i had problem in sign.....
The process for solving the capacitive network will be same as that of resistive newtork. The only different will be instead of resistance, we will have to write the impedance of the...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
for using kkirchoff’s law in case of capacitors, the first plate u encounter should be taken as positive plate and the charge on that plate should be taken into the equation.... suppose if...
chandravardhan singh one year ago
What are the different types of pulse modulation? Mention the names.
The important characteristics of a pulse are – pulse amplitude,pulse position (denotes time of rise or fall of amplitude of the pulse) and pulse width or pulse duration. Thus the main types ...
Adarsh 2 months ago
modulation is a technique in which message signal is transmitted to the receiver with the help of carrier signal. Here in modulation , we combine both carrier signal and message signal....
naveen 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts