There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

the force acting required to tow a boat at constant velocity is directky proportional to speed...if a speed 4 km/hr,corresponding power is much power is neede for speed=12km/hr?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear shivanshi

F= α V

power P = FV

=α V2

7.5  =α * 16

α   =7.5/16

so at 12 km/hr

P = α * 144

=7.5/16   * 144

=67.5 kw

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Is angular acceleration about any point on a rotating rigid body same? If so what is the value of it for a rod of length with a force of M*g acting on the centre and M*g/2 acting on one end...
net moment = I * a where a is the angular accln. Therefore, moment about centre = Mg*l/2 = Ml^2/12 * a Get the value of a Hence.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
You dint get my question.. Think about the first part of my question.. If the answer is yes then there is a confusion for me..
Guru Prasath 2 months ago
In a horizontal circular motion is mg taken into consideration?
Well , in horizontal motion most of the times force mg is balanced by normal reaction. This normal reaction is mostly perpendicular to centripetal force so it doesnt play any role. But if...
Manas Shukla 11 days ago
Yes it is taken into consideration. All the forces acting on the body are taken into consideration when solving any type of problem unless stated otherwise.
Manas Shukla 14 days ago
So do you mean that mg is always taken into consideration? Both in vertical and horizontal circular motions???
Arin Som 14 days ago
A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
please explain the kirchoffs first and second laws to me any one ..thanks in advance
there are two kirchoffs laws 1)junction law ,2)voltage law 1)junction law : in multi loop circute at the junction sum of all the currents go into the junction is equal to sum of all the...
venkateshrs 10 months ago
Kirchhoff's voltage law (KVL) The sum of all the voltages around the loop is equal to zero. v 1 + v 2 + v 3 - v 4 = 0. This law is also called Kirchhoff's second law , Kirchhoff's loop (or...
ULFAT 7 months ago
dear kalyan.., basically there are two laws of kirchoffs. 1)junction law : in multi loop circute at the junction sum of all the currents go into the junction is equal to sum of all the...
siva ganesh 10 months ago
dear experts i am confused regarding bitsat 2016 , some people are saying that if any candidate will attend 150 ques without skipping any ques , then only that 12 extra ques will be...
sir i have posted a question for the list of reagents. u have rpelied to it. i have also answered wht u asked, as well as, i hv posted another similar question with more information. please...
Apar 15 days ago
you will fail no bits and no iit for you . LOSER.......................................................................................................................LOSER
vakul 4 months ago
Acording to the brochure you will have to attempt all the 150 questions without skipping any. Best of Luck:)
Monil Soni 5 months ago
pls explain the the magnetic lines of force , what type of force in which .these are consists of electrons??????
magnetic lines of force is the way to represent the strength and orientation of magetic field. It basically povides the basic comonents of magnetic foeeld to determine them. . Magnegtic...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts