HOW TO DRAW THE SFD AND BMD DIAGRAM ?

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The example shows a point load, a distributed load, and an applied moment. The supports include both hinged supports and a fixed end support. It can be seen that the beam has applied forces and displacement constraints. Then we have the loading diagram with the reaction values which ia also called afree body diagram. For the bending moment diagram the normal sign convention was used.
Regards
Sumit68-1138_1.jpg
2 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Two rods each of mass m and length l are joined to form cross. Moment of inertia passing through centre and perpendicular to plane is- Ml 2 /12, Ml 2 /6, Ml 2 /3, Ml 2 /2

Dear Student The moment of inertia for each rod is I = ml 2 /12 , about the middle point and perpendicular to the plane thus making the sum total for two rods as 2I , i.e. ml 2 /6

shashi K Sharma one month ago
a body of mass 1.5kg is allowed to slide down along a quadrant of a circle from the horizontal position.in reaching to the bottom,its velocity is 8m/s.the work done in overcoming the...

Dear student, Using the conservation of energy, we have: Hence, we get: Hence the radius should be equal to 4 m. Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
a particle having a mass 0.5 kg is projected under gravity with a speed of 98 m/s at an angle of 60 degree. the magnitude of change of momentumin kgm/s of particle after 10 s is: answer:49....

Ok, Concider the horizontal motion of that object. There is no force is acting and momentum is conserved (I.e. change in momentum = 0). On the vertical motion, the only force acting on the...

Samshad01 one month ago

Ok, Concider the horizontal motion of that object. There is no force is acting and momentum is conserved (I.e. change in momentum = 0). On the vertical motion, the only force acting on the...

Samshad01 one month ago

Samshad01 one month ago
Two radio stations broadcast their program’s at the same amplitude A and at slightly frequencies ω 1 and ω 2 respectively, where ω 1 – ω 2 = 10 3 Hz A detector receives the signals from the...

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question Let the two radio waves be represented by the equation y 1 = A sin 2πv 1 t y 2 = A sin 2πv 2 t The equation of resultant wave...
  img
Aditi Chauhan 4 months ago
what ia ment by Hygenus' principal ?

Huygen''s principle is nothing but "each point on a wavefront act as a secondary wavelet"

chandu one year ago
Position of a particle is given by. X= 3t-4(t)^2+t^3 X is distance in metres and t is time in secs Find the average velocity of the particle in the time interval from t=2sec to t=4sec....

Whenever you are supposed to find the average velocity, What you need to do is take account of the total distance mentioned and then divide it by the mentioned time. However if you...
  img
Apoorva Arora 3 months ago
View all Questions »