There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

the velocity of certain particle moving along x axis is proportional to x at time t=o particle is at x=2 and t=10 particle is at x=4 find positon at x=5s

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

given v proportional to x

so, v=kx  where v=dx/dt

dx/dt = kx

on integrating both sides ,we have

ln x = kt + c

here k,c are unknowns

at t=0 , x=2

t=10 , x=4

t=5 , x = ??

from above

ln 2 = c          .......(1)

ln 4 = 10k + c .....(2)

ln x = 5k + c ....(3)

on solving gives , x=81/2

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
A dog of mass 5kg is resting on a flat boat of mass 20kg . Such that it is 10m from the shore .Boat is resting on frictionless water . The dog walks 4m through the boat towards the shore...
The centre of mass for the system wont change. So 0 = mass of dog x distance moved by dog + mass of boat x distance moved by boat So we find Distance moved by the boat = -1 Thus it will be...
Manas Shukla 5 days ago
Can someone help with Q14 that`s in the attachment. Thank you.
@ ashmeet i can tell you how to approach such kind of questions , in this perticular case u have to apply KVL . let v =0 then by applying kvl we get 12-9/2 +24-q/4 =0 =36-3q/4=0 now as per...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Explain any two applications of photoelectric cell.
There is a wide range of applications for photoelectric cell. It is used in counters, alarms, burglurs In television camera. To study the spectrum of heavy bodies To know the opacity of the ...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Calculate the efficiency of a reversible heat engine working between the temperture 100°c and 0°c
26.81% we using the formula of efficiency of the reversible process given by carnot we can easily determine the exact efficiency of that system or any temperature
Poosala Vedaprakash 4 months ago
26.81% by using the formula of eficiency of the reversible process given by carnot u can easily determine the exact eficiency of that system
MRIDUL TRIPATHI 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts