There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

max height of projectile on inclined plane?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Consider an inclined palne which makes an  with the horizontal. Let a projectile be projected with a velocity 'v' making an angle  with the horizontal.

Let us choose X axis along the inclined plane and Y-axis perpendicular to it.

gcos and gsin are the two rectangular components of g.

vx= v cos(-) and vy = v sin(-).

Let T = time of flight of the projectile

The displacement of the projectile perpendicular to the inclined plane is clearly Zero.

Using S = ut + (1/2) a t2, for motion along y-axis, we get

0 = v sin(-) T -(1/2) g cos T2

or T = 2 v sin(-)/g cos  

Range on the inclined plane is

R = 2v2 sin(-) cos/g cos2  

Rmax= v2/g (1+sin)

Hmax= v2sin2(-)/2g cos

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Above Qn) is from fluid mechanics.Plz help out to solve me....actually the concept behind this Q is unknown to me.....
We see that the water divides the candle into 2 equal halves. So total mass of candle = mass of water displaced So clearly density of candle is half of water. Since that is the case , water ...
Manas Shukla 8 days ago
A body is projected at an angle of 60° with the horizontal ground with kinetic energy k. When the velocity makes an angle 30° wIth the horizontal, the kinetic energy of the body will be...
H=u 2 sin 2 x/2g u 2 =H * 2g/sin 2 x BUT, KINETIC ENERGY ∝ u 2 ∝ 1/ sin 2 x Solve you will get. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Bejoi Mathew 2 months ago
Bejoi Mathew 2 months ago
a particle of mass 3m is projected from ground with velocity 20 root 2 at 45 degrees at highest point it explodes into two pieces. one of mass 2m and other of mass m.both moves in opposite...
Nishant Vora one month ago
In this problem the easiest way to solve is you can assume that the centre of mass of the particle will continue to follow projectile motion. As we know particle of mass 2m lands at 100m....
Manas Shukla one month ago
Earth magnetic elements angle of dip ka derivation ​ ​
@ piyush the derivation is a little bit complex at your class 12 th level , so, u need to only remmeber the formula , nothing else , with diagram , the ques in exam will ask you about the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
WHAT IS CRITICAL DAMPED OSCILLATIONS........................................?
Dear Gangadhar, Critical damped oscillations means the oscillation become rest position gradually decrase in amplitude with out any cycle.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
Critical damping provides the quickest approach to zero amplitude for a damped oscillator . With less damping (underdamping) it reaches the zero position more
Prabhakar ch 8 months ago
Can u please find the values of current I1, I2, and I3 in the given figure... Answer is given in fig.
@Ayush by applying kirchoff’s laws we get 3 equations like: 3*(I 1 +I 2 ) = -3 7*I 2 – 4*I 1 = -2 I 1 = I 2 +I 3 therefore solving these equations we get I 1 = -(5/11) , I 2 = -(6/11) , I 3 ...
venketep prasad m c 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts