5 years ago

Answers : (3)

total change in height = dh =H-R =50cm=0.5m

from work energy theorem,

change in kinetic energy = total work

kinetic energy = mgdh

mv2(1+k2/r2)/2 = mgh

mv2= 2mgh/(1+k2/r2)    .....................1

k is radius og gyration & for sherical ball it is Rsqrt(2/5) ...

mv2 = 10mg/7           .................2

now when theta =0 then

N  = mv2/R

so N = 10mg/7R=10Newton

since the body is not falling off so net friction force should be equal to weight =mg

f = 0.7newton

5 years ago

thanks for the reply.... normal reaction is correct but frictional force is wrong by ur answer..... the right answer is 0.2 N 

sorry ,i forgot to tell that it is small sphere that is is rolling down the inclined plane ....

i did it this way (but failed)

frictional force = f , alpha=angular acceletion

at  point A

f - mg = ma..... (1)

f . r = I (alpha)....(2)

putting f = I (alpha)/r in (1)

for sphere I=2mr(square)/5 and alpha=a/r

2mr(sqr)/5 * a/r * 1/r=m(g+a)

2/5 a= g+a

putting this in (1)

i got f=0.46

plz remove my confusion

5 years ago

eq 1 should be

mg - f = ma ..........1

(this is because ,direction of net force on center of mass is downward ...)

f = Ia/r2

mg = 7f/2

f = 2mg/7 =0.2N ans

please approve if u like my ans

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

What is the relation between angular accelaration and linear accelaration?
@soumya by the defination of radian measure so, by that s = r theta taking a as derivative v = r omega and anathor a = r alpha the linear acceleration of that point is the vector sum of...
Umakant biswal yesterday
The relation is as followsLinear acceleration=radius×angular acceleration Where radius is the radius in which the body undergoes circular motionAll the best.
James Joseph yesterday
linear speed=angular speed x radius differentitate both sides we get linear acceleration = angular acceleration x radius happy to help u
prateek yesterday
An object moving with the speed of 6.25m/s, is decelerated at a rate given by:dv–2.5vdt?where v is the instantaneous speed. The time taken by the object, to come to rest would be?
dv = – 2.5 v dt integerating both sides, dv/v = -2.5dt logv = -2.5t to come to rest velcity should be zero and log0 = – infinity therefore, from the concept the object would never stops .
Vikas TU 2 days ago
the potential energy U(x) of a particle moving along x-axis is given by U(x) = ax-bx2 .find the equillibrium position of the particle ?
At eqm. position the net Force would be zero. As, F = – dU/dx => -(a -2bx) = 0 a = 2bx x = a/2b would be the eqm. position.
Vikas TU 14 days ago
what is the highest mountain in the total solar system ?what is its height?
Mount Olympus Mons is the highest peak in the solarsystem and its height is about 3 times of mount everest.
R PAVAN 6 months ago
The Hall effect is relevant to a variety of sensor applications; devices based on this relatively simple relationship between current, magnetic field, and voltage can be used to measure...
Kishorkumar 6 months ago
If nno friction force acts on any of surface and mass of rod and inclined plane is m, find acceleration of rod.
WE draw free body diagram of given picture then force eqal to the F =mg sin teeta. Then actually F= ma Then mg sin teeta = ma a= 10/root2 Thank you
formula of beat frequency
Beat frequency=(1/Ta – 1/Tb).
the formula of beat frequency is =(1/Ta – 1/Tb). here, Ta = time period of first frequency. T b = time period of second frequency.
SAI SARDAR one year ago
no of beats( slightly difference between two frequencies) per second is called BEAT FREQUENCY.....
raju p one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts