There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

truck is moving with accleration "a".Cylinder at back has mass "m" and radius "r". Friction is just enough to avoid slipping.

find the distance covered by truck in the time, the cylinder falls of the truck.

Also solve the question taking sphere in place of cylinder.

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

a seudo force acts at the center of mass of the body placed on the truck...

let moment of inertia of this body is I ....

friction will act rightwards & seudo force will also act rightwards...

seudo force (F)=ma

F + f = ma1 ............1

fr = I(alfa) ...........2                     

f is friction force  & alfa is angular acclaration

for pure rolling a1 = (alfa)r

f = a1I/r2  ........3

solving 1 & 3 we get

a1 = F/(m - I/r2)     ...............4

now this object will have constant accleration a1

it will fall when after covering d distance so

d = a1t2/2

t2 = 2d/a1 ...........5

during this period truck has covered some distance so

distance covered by truck(S) =at2/2                  (accleration of truck is a)

S = ad/a1 =ad(m-I/r2)/F

if it is a cylinder  then S = dm/2

if it is sphere then S = 3md/5

5 years ago

the ans is 3d/2.

also plz explain how the direction of friction is decided ??

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Is angular acceleration about any point on a rotating rigid body same? If so what is the value of it for a rod of length with a force of M*g acting on the centre and M*g/2 acting on one end...
net moment = I * a where a is the angular accln. Therefore, moment about centre = Mg*l/2 = Ml^2/12 * a Get the value of a Hence.
Vikas TU one month ago
You dint get my question.. Think about the first part of my question.. If the answer is yes then there is a confusion for me..
Guru Prasath one month ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
In a circus the diameter of the globe of death is 20m. From what minimum height must a cyclist start in order to go round the globe vertically? Please provide solution
At highest point of globe of death , the energy equation will be Where R is the radius of the globe of death. We also know at highest point mototcyclist needs to cancel gravityto prevent...
Manas Shukla one month ago
h min =radius/2=5m. i hope iam correct. plz give reply. plz post such type of questions. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
can u pls tell me how R2=M1(R1+R2)/(M1+M2) COMES.. i am not able to solve it.. please reply fast..
It is easy.. Since it is an atom, the nucleus is the COM. So, eqauting the moments on both sides, m 1 r 1 = m 2 r 2 Even if u simply the equation in your doubt, you get the same relation. I ...
Subhiksha 5 months ago
please press ctrl and + button to zoom. and answer my query please...................................................................
jayesh 6 months ago
please send attachments clearly i will try to answer your question............................ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,
naveen royals 6 months ago
what is the value of linear frequency?
What do you mean by value of linear frequency? Linear frequency can be any value of frequency in hertz.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
What do you mean by value of linear frequency? Linear frequency can attain any value of frequency.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
3 point charges lie along a straight line with positive charge at the centre and negetive at the ends all are ‘a’ distance apart from each other. The energy needed to exchange the position...
Let the charges be -q, +q and -q. Distance between two charges = a Energy of the system putting the values we get U initial = Final energy of the system, U final = Therefore, work required...
Raman Mishra one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts