There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A bullet of mass 1g shot vertically up by a gun gives a force 2N for 0.001s.Calculate the maximum height attained by a bullet. Neglect air friction and take g=10ms-2. Solve this problem…………..

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

force = change in momentam/time

2 =(mv-mu)/10-3 

u=0 so

v = 2m/s

now we have v2 = u2+2as

when bullet reaches maximum height then its velocity becomes 0..

0 = u2-2gH

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
sir ,can you please explain me the TENSION TRICK with digrams and examples??
U can remmebr this directly for wedge problem, anet = (g – a)/(g + a) T = manet => m* (g – a)/(g + a) N.
2017 years ago
which books should i prefer for complete physics for theory n numericals for iit jee advance
@ mohit as far as jee advanced is concerned , it will have all conceptual ques combining from 3-4 concepts . so , u need to have a good grasp over the concepts to get good ranks in advanced ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
SAHIL 2 months ago
i think yu should prefer only hc verma book numericals and other previous years iit solved papers and nothing else
Singh Shivam 2 months ago
what is the magnetism?
A magnetic field is generated when electric charge carriers such as electrons move through space or within an electrical conductor. The geometric shapes of the magnetic flux lines produced...
KARTHIK one year ago
Magnetism is a class of physical phenomena that are mediated by magnetic fields. Electric currents and the magnetic moments of elementary particles give rise to a magnetic field, which acts ...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
J Magnetism is one aspect of the combined electromagnetic force. It refers to physical phenomena arising from the force caused by magnets, objects that produce fields that attract or repel...
KARTHIK one year ago
What is the statement of WHEAT STONE BRIDGE?????????????????????
Gowri Sankar, Wheat stone bridge is the four arms are engaged with four resistors and one is unknown resistor.To know the resistance of unknown resistor we used the wheat stone bridge.
SAI SARDAR 9 months ago
Dear Gowri Shankar A wheat stone is a electrical circuit used to measure the an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit ,one leg which includes the unknown...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
Hello Shankar, Definition of Wheatstone bridge . : an electrical bridge consisting of two branches of a parallel circuit joined by a galvanometer and used for determining the value of an...
SAI SANDY 9 months ago
what is meant by radial acceleration?please explain it in detail
Dear Mastan, If an object is in the rotatory motion then it has two components of acceleration.Those are Radial acceleration Tangential acceleration Radial acceleration means the...
SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
Dear, Masthan This centripetal acceleration is directed along a radius so it may also be called the radial acceleration a r . If the speed is not constant, then there is also a tangential...
Mounik 7 months ago
These components are called the tangential acceleration and the normal or radial acceleration (or centripetal acceleration in circular motion, see also circular motion and centripetal force)
pavan picheri 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts