There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Can kinetic energy of a system be increased or decreased without applying any external force on the system. answer is given yes. please explain by one or two examples how???

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

yes it is possible,

consider two charges particles of opposite sign are  placed at some distance....

if they are released then then their potential energy continiously decreases and kinetic energy increases...this all happens due to their mutual electroststic attraction and not by any external force....

similar example can be taken for gravitational force...

6 years ago

if two protons are placed at a small seperation the due to force of repulsion they would accelerate in opposite directions thus their kinetic energy increases

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

In how much time will my question get answered??can you please reply and give me the correct answer?
Hai student, Your questiions will be answered as soon as possible. Ask your subject doubts to get clarified at AskIITians.
Dr.Adam Shaik 5 days ago
Atennis ball bounces down a flght of stairs striking each step in turn and rebounding to the height of the step above. Then coefficient of restitution is?
This can be visualised as: h is directly proprtional to v^2 and height get doubled after one step then, for height h initial vel. is v^2 after height 2h the vel. becomes 4v^2 e =...
2017 years ago
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
3 days ago
A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Which is better B.Sc after M.Sc or Integrated M.Sc ?
If you wnt to do Msc. then obviously Integrated Msc. is a better choice because you will save your 1 yr to study .
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago
waht is law of conseravation of angular momentum...............?
“The law of Conservation of angular momentum” states that when the net external torque acting on a system is zero,the total angular momentum of the system is constant.
Jangam Mohan one month ago
dear pawan, Angular momentum of a rotating body remains constant when no external torque acting on it.
SAI SARDAR one month ago
Refracting angle of a prism is a and refractive index of the material is cot a/2. The angle of minimum deviation is-
Hope you query is solved.... thanks you....
Santosh Datla 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts