There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

If you jump a barefooted on a hard surface, your legs get injured. But they are not injured if you jump on a soft surface like sand or pillow. Explain.  

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

force(dt) = impulse

force =impulse/dt  0r m(v-u)/dt

finally body comes to rest in both cases  but in  hard surface change in momentam occures in a very small time so the force exerted by body is maximum and we get hurted ..........

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

How to resolve it`s FBD & plz tell if there any short trick to handle such Qns during JEE.
Why do u even need an FBD for such type of problems? As given Clearly the density of cylinder is more than the density if water so maximum speed will be when the cylinder is just fully...
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
A dog of mass 5kg is resting on a flat boat of mass 20kg . Such that it is 10m from the shore .Boat is resting on frictionless water . The dog walks 4m through the boat towards the shore...
The centre of mass for the system wont change. So 0 = mass of dog x distance moved by dog + mass of boat x distance moved by boat So we find Distance moved by the boat = -1 Thus it will be...
Manas Shukla 10 days ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the ...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
Vikas TU 7 days ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
Ankit 7 days ago
Which magazine is best for jee mains aspirants please tell me. Thank you in advance
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
which lens are used for miophic eye?
pa1 one year ago
concave lens
SEELA YUVARAJU one year ago
concave lens
santosh kumar one year ago
tell me about wave optics????????????????????????????????????
Dear Chetan In physics, physical optics , or wave optics , is the branch of optics which studies interference, diffraction, polarization, and other phenomena for which the ray approximation ...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
dear iitian... Optics is the branch of physics which involves the behaviour and properties of light, including its interactions with matter and the construction of instruments that use or...
mohan 9 months ago
physical optics is used to explain effects such as diffraction,in physics physical optics or wave optics is the branch of optics which studies interference,diffraction,polarization and...
sreekanth sree 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts