• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

derive proof of cappilars law

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Baba,

Starling's law of the capillaries states that the net filtration = forces favouring filtration vs. forces opposing filtration.

These forces include:

Tonicity, Blod Hydrostatic Pressure (BHP), Blood Colloid Osmotic Pressure (BCOP), Interstitial Fluid Hydrostatic Pressure (IFHP), Interstitial Fluid Colloidal Pressure (IFCOP) and membrane permeability.

Therefore effective filtration pressure (and the application of Starling's Law of the Capillaries) is defined as such:

BHP + IFCOP moves fluid out of the capillaries and

IFHP + BCOP moves fluid into capillaries

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A body starting from rest moves with constant accleration. The ratio of distance covered by the body during the 5th second to that covered in 5 second is
Distance covered in n th second is given by s n = u + a/2(2n-1) where u – intial velocity and a – acceleration Distance covered in t seconds is given by s = ut + a/2(t 2 ) But, here u = 0...
Adarsh 3 months ago
HERE ‘U’=0, HENCE THE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 5 th second is=1/2at^2=(25a)/2. and theTHE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 4th second is=1/2a(4 2 )=8a. and ths distance travelled in 5 th...
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
a rectangular plate abcd of mass m and dimensions a x b is supported in a vertical plane by two hinges at aa and b as shown in fig. find instantaneous reaction of the hinge at a immediately ...
plz send the image . then i will better understand & then i will try to help u. i am waiting for figure given in the question. if u dont know how to attach or send figure then ask me.
prateek 4 days ago
Please solve the attached questions with steps. Thanks in advance. Can you please guide me how to solve projectile motion problems and circular motion problem accurately
First of all the answer to the above question is option d and not option c as stated by komali. -.-‘ Now, For projectile motion problems Always resolve motion in two directions , x and y...
Manas Shukla 5 days ago
the answer is 50m/s and it is surely correct no need to worry about it and proceed please and steps are as follows
komali 6 days ago
a wheel of perimeter 4 Pi m is rolling on a horizontal surface. The displacement of the point of contact of wheel and ground when the wheel completes one quarter of revolution is
See , the perimeter of wheel is 4 pi meter. So, each rotaion the wheel makes, it goes a distance 4 pi meter. So, the quarter of a revolution makes the displacement = (4 pi / 4) meter = pi...
KAPIL MANDAL one month ago
If a wire of uniform cross section is stretched such that ,its length is increased by 2%,50%then the %change in its resistance is___ 1)4%,100% 2)1%,25% 3)4%,125% 4)4%,50%
As nothing has been mentioned about area x length = constant we will follow the conventionas: Resistance is directly proprtional to square of length of Resistance wire. Thus R =...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how can we develop the equtaion of potentila drop in the potential meter
Potential drop is given as: x = V/l and also V1/V2 = l1/l2 l would be the length measured where potentiometer reading shows zero.
Vikas TU 5 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts