There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A wooden cone of mass 8.8 kg floats with its apex downwards in a liquid of RD 0.8.If the RD of wood is 0.5,what mass of steel of RD 7.8 suspended from the apex of the cone by a chord that will just be able to submerge the cone?

1)2.94kg 2)8.82kg 3)5.88kg 4)1.764kg

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

8.8(0.8/0.5)g+ m(0.8/7.8)g=8.8g +mg, solving for m, one obtains m=5.88kg

I am unable to present a detailed solution as I am ill. If you want explanation, please ask me. 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

For aiims..should i prefer mechanical engineering book? By s chand(for physics)
S.Chand Physics book is fine for academics also even fine for preparation to some extent. prepare concepts clearly from it....
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ sakshi No, for aiims mechanical engg book is not required at all , i never practiced any mechanical or even any books from s chand , but still i am in. For aiims specially u require the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
If 4sec be the time in which a projectile reaches a point P of its path and 5 sec the time from P till it reasches the horizontal plane passing through the point of projection . The height...
no this answer is not correct you have made a mistake yhe answer of this question is 98 plz check again then send the right answer...
Hansraj Gyanendra Singh Rajawat 3 months ago
v=u+at as v=u+at we can abe to find v as u=zeo and h=vsquare /2g from it we can find h v=36 and t in that particular projectile is 4 sec so h=1296/18 h=72
bharath 3 months ago
a particle of mass 3m is projected from ground with velocity 20 root 2 at 45 degrees at highest point it explodes into two pieces. one of mass 2m and other of mass m.both moves in opposite...
Nishant Vora one month ago
In this problem the easiest way to solve is you can assume that the centre of mass of the particle will continue to follow projectile motion. As we know particle of mass 2m lands at 100m....
Manas Shukla one month ago
What are harmonics?
Dear Prabhakar, Harmonic is the wave or signsl whose frequency is an integral multiple of prequency of some reference signal or wave.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
Hello Prabhakar, We noticed that you are misuing the rights of questioner given by forum and approving all the answers of all the users even if it is written garbage which has no connection ...
Forum Team 9 months ago
hello prabhakar... A harmonic is a signal or wave whose frequency is an integral (whole-number) multiple of the frequency of some reference signal or wave. The term can also refer to the...
mohan 9 months ago
P,Q,R,S are four vector of equal magnitude. If P + Q - R= 0 angle between P and Q is theta 1. If P + Q - S = 0 angle between P and S is theta2. the ratio of theta 1 and theta 2 is
Write P +Q – R as P + Q = R take modulus both sides and square it. |P|^2 + |Q|^2 + 2P.Q = |R|^2 Now all have same magnitude, P.Q = -|R|^2/2 ….......................(1) cos(thetha1) =...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is field?
But in general , Field in basically a region in which a particluar influence acts, Could be electric, magnetic, gravitational. A particular object produces it’s field and when other objects ...
Neeti one year ago
Could you be a little more specific? Which field are you referring to? Electric? magnetic?
Neeti one year ago
what is the scope of GATE exam?
Gowher Maqbool one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off