There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

the speed of a train increases at a constant rate (alpha) from zero to v and then remains constant for an interval and finally decreses to zero at a constant rate(beta).the total distance travelled by the train is L.the time taken to complete the journey is t.then t is minimum value when v equals to?

6 years ago

Answers : (4)

I feel question is asking for min. value of t, what is value of v?

Then ans is 0. Time will be min when body starts the motion i.e its initial velocity is asked.

Plz. do point out my error,if any.

Plz. approve my answer if it is right.

6 years ago

sorry the answer isnt right.the right answer is root over 2L(ALPHA)(BETA) DIVIDED BY ALPHA+BETA. i need the explaination of the answer

6 years ago
sorry both of you..but the answer is t=L/v+y/2(1/alpha+1/beta)
one year ago
Sorry kala Chand Maiti, but you have not understood the question.
He is not asking for the time taken, but the velocity v that corresponds to the least time.
11 months ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Solve this question urgently . This question your challenge you answer with solution
Vivek please share the question so that someone be able to answer the question.There is no attachment either..................
Mudit 2 months ago
Hi friend , sorry friend there is no question. Please add attach ok thanks. please upload question or attach image
A truck travelling along a straight road with a constant speed of 72 km/hr passes a 0 moving much slower. At the instant the truck passes the car, the car at time t car starts accelerating...
Or otherwise, let the initial velocity of the car be u. The velocity of truck, . V T = 20 m/s. Let the car takes over the truck after t seconds In this time, Distance travelled by truck, S...
Shaswata Biswas 29 days ago
Since in the question it is not mentioned about the initial velocity of the car, let it be at rest. The velocity of truck, . V T = 20 m/s. Let the meet after t seconds. Initial velocity of...
Shaswata Biswas 29 days ago
A And B Are Two Vectors And Their resulants is R For What angle it is maximum for what angle is it minimumn
We know the expression for R=(A 2 +B 2 +2ABcos ) ½ As A 2 & B 2 are positive and constant so the value of R will be Maximum when cos is Maximum. Hence cos is maximum at =0 o so R is maximum ...
Piyush Behera 6 days ago
What is the difference between α − particle and helium atom?
Alpha particles consist of two protons and two neutrons bound together into a particle identical to a helium nucleus. This is produced in the process of alpha decay. Helium atom is composed ...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 months ago
Alpha radiation contains alpha particles. alpha particle is identical to nucleus of a helium atom,which comprises two protons and two neutrons.
N JYOTHEESWAR 10 months ago
An alpha particle has 2 protons and 2 neutrons whereas a helium atom has 2 protons, 2 neutrons and 2 electrons.
Apurva Dhadwal 10 months ago
Is solid angle is in the syllabus of jee (for both mains and advanced)
@ rahul Yes , its their in mains syllabus , but in advanced , its not their , directly . but as its a concept related to the 3d geometry , so, advanced might ask ques by combining the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
what are the conditions for applying ampere circuital law?
Follow the steps given to apply Ampere’s circuital law: Step 1: Consider a symmetrical closed path such that it encloses direct current I once. This is Amperian path. Step 2: Consider...
dolly bhatia 4 months ago
Some points get remained: The integeral integeation above equation means that scalar product B . dl is to be integrated around the closed loop known as Amperian loop whose beginning and end ...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
Ampere's circuital law in magnetism is analogous to gauss's law in electrostatics This law is also used to calculate the magnetic field due to any given current distribution This law states ...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts