There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Ques) Two identical balls are shot upwards one after another at an interval of 2 seconds along the same vertical line with same initial velocity of 40 m/s. Find the height at which the balls collide.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

by using the equation of moyion we see that the 1st ball reaches the topmost point i.e 80m above the ground in 4s. again using the equations of motion, we shall find that the moment the first ball reaches its topmost point, the second ball will be at a height of 60m from ground and at that instant its velocity would be 20m/s.

Now that instant should be our t=0 and reference point A. let at a distance of x m above A the balls colide and let the time be t. Then the equation of motion for the second ball will be

for the motion of the first ball the equation of motion will be

Comparing the above 2 eqs, we have.

on solving we have, t=1s.

hence from eqs(i) we have x=15m. so the height will be 75m above the ground.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a particle of mass 3m is projected from ground with velocity 20 root 2 at 45 degrees at highest point it explodes into two pieces. one of mass 2m and other of mass m.both moves in opposite...
Nishant Vora one month ago
In this problem the easiest way to solve is you can assume that the centre of mass of the particle will continue to follow projectile motion. As we know particle of mass 2m lands at 100m....
Manas Shukla one month ago
Is it possible for a particle to describe a curved path if no force acts on it? Does your answer depend on the frame of reference chosen to view the particle ?
Actually particle CAN move without applying force depending on your frame of reference. Though we still use “pseudo-force” or ficticious forces to balance out the motion. Accelerated frames ...
Manas Shukla 4 days ago
NO particle can follow a curved path if there is no external force . this is a newton law -particle move in a straight line untill an extenal force act on it . so for a curved path external ...
prateek 4 days ago
Sir, our coaching center does not have a good physics teacher. Attending his class is same as not attending. I am very scared for my physics. The exams are in less than a year. Please tell...
Dear student First of all try to understand basic physics in school.If possible buy pradeep’s physics though the chapters given in it are deeply explained (which is sometimes not...
Bhavya one month ago
@ DAOLAGUPU why do u think that attending the class donot have any any meaning ?? see, i donot think that the problems are with teacher , beacuse diffrent student have diffrent way of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Coulomb’s law states that the electric force becomes weaker with increasing distance. Suppose that instead, the electric force between two charged particles were independent of distance.In...
The charged body will induce an equal and opposite charge on the neutral body which leads to attraction between them. Also ,since both the particles have some mass they will have...
krishna priya 3 months ago
FIND THE EQUIVALENT RESISTANCE(ATTACHED IMAGE)..............................................
Should Be 10 Ohm as Both the resistors are in Series. We know, The Eq Resistence of two resistors connected in series is simply their algebraic sum.
Gunreet 3 months ago
In which conditions, red light scatters more than blue light?
red light haves longer wavelenght than blue light. then how can you say that red light scatters more than blue. I’ve asked the condition in which this is possible.
Shrey Viradiya 16 days ago
red light having shorter wavelength and blue light having longer wavelength then red light scatters more than the blue.....if you are agreed my answer pls approve
Y MANJUNADH 17 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts