There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

a particle of mass m moves in a certian plane due to force f whose magnitude is constant and whose direction rotates with angular velocity w in that plane .at the moment t=0 ,the velocity of particle is equal to 0 .find the distance the particle cover between 2 consecutive points.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

it is very advanced level question which involves coriolis effect. Let me explain that first. See when we try to see objects from a linear frame the newton equations applies as such. But in the case of non inertial frames we have a pseudo force attached to it. it is -ma in most cases when a is the acceleration of the non inertial frame. right?

so in the same way when we encounter problems in which more specifically rotating objects as reference, we have to add a force called fictitious force whose formula is

where  v\, is the velocity of the particle in the rotating system, and Ω is the angular velocity vector which has magnitude equal to the rotation rate ω and is directed along the axis of rotation of the rotating reference frame, and the × symbol represents the cross product operator.

to solve this question take the frame in which force is moving, as the frame of reference. then you would be able to solve the question.

I am not solving for I want an answeer from you.

Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
a particle of mass 100gm is made to describe a vertical circle of 1m. its instantaneous speed is 1m/s when the string makes an angle of 30 degree with the vertical. find the tension in the...
mass = 0.1 kg drawing the fbd at that instant,we get the following equation, T-mgcos30=mv 2 /r because this only provides the centripetal force. and here v is the instantaneous speed of the ...
Piyush Behera 8 days ago
A spring of force constant k is cut into 2 pieces such that one piece is double the length of the other. Then the longer piece will have force constant1)2/3k 2)3/2k 3)3k 4)6k
I think the answer is 2/3 k according to Young’s Modulous. If correct please approve my answer otherwise let me know.
Mudit 2 days ago
sir i cant get the feel in the topic it just like i am doing pls help me
You will have to develop the interest in the subject. Start reading books.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
first you will interest in that topic and concentrate and study you will succesfull
AJITH one year ago
You will have to develop the interest in the subject. Start reading books
pa1 one year ago
In river crossing problems please tell me all the conditions when the boat will not be able to cross the the river.
if the boat is always rowed against the flow of river it would find difficulties to cross the river. From the formulae: shortest tme it would take to cross the river is=> t = l/vcosthetha...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Short circuit of battery questions? Where does resistances get short circuited?
When a short circuit occurs, electrical current experiences little or no resistance because its path has been diverted from its normal direction of flow. This, in turn, produces excess heat ...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
@ rajashree what u need to understand in the case of short circuit is that – when a current in a circuit takes unintended path then its called short circuit . for example – suppose the two...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts