Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

(a)  since all the collisions are elastic, so the magnitude of all the impulses is equal and only its directions are different.

since the ball is making a hexagon during the collisions

and the sum of angles of a hexagon is zero.

therefore, total impulse is zero after six impulses.

(b) since velocity changes after each collision, thus linear momentum cant be same.

but the magnitude of velocity is same after collsion only its direction changes.

thus KE remain the same.

but angular momentum cant be same.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Atennis ball bounces down a flght of stairs striking each step in turn and rebounding to the height of the step above. Then coefficient of restitution is?
This can be visualised as: h is directly proprtional to v^2 and height get doubled after one step then, for height h initial vel. is v^2 after height 2h the vel. becomes 4v^2 e =...
2017 years ago
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
5 days ago
a particle of mass 3m is projected from ground with velocity 20 root 2 at 45 degrees at highest point it explodes into two pieces. one of mass 2m and other of mass m.both moves in opposite...
Nishant Vora one month ago
In this problem the easiest way to solve is you can assume that the centre of mass of the particle will continue to follow projectile motion. As we know particle of mass 2m lands at 100m....
Manas Shukla one month ago
mathematicallly what is the recoil velocity of a gun.derive it plz
@ yusuf below i am explaining the recoil velocity of the gun derivation , suppose m1 is the mass of the bullet m2 = mass of the gun . v1 = velocity of the bullet v2 = velocity of recoil of...
2017 years ago
What is a magnetism ? what is a magnetic flux? what is difference b/w electric flux and magnetic flux ?
Magnetism: a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, which results in attractive and repulsive forces between objects. Magnetic flux (most often denoted as Φm), is...
Nishant Vora 10 months ago
Manjunath, Magnetism is the property of an object that can be attract or repel the another object and it is very important to body.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
A physical phenomenon produced by a motion of electric charge which results the attractive and repulsive forces
If T 1 is the time of up the ball to maximum height and T 2 is the of down the ball from maximum height to ground. Then which is one greater If “Air Drag” is also considered or both (T 1...
Dear Vikas, U should also consider ‘Air Drag’. the way us solve the solution is seems like the general sase of free falling. and in free falling case both T 1 and T 2 Are same. And there is ...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
for upward, h = uT1 – 0.5gT1^2................(1) for downward, h = 0 + 0.5gT2^2..........(2) comparing both the eqns. it seems, h is more for 2 nd eqn. therfore T2 would be more. for...
Vikas TU one month ago
rgarding calculas and graphs the best book for iit jee with appropriate theory
best book only for graph is "graph & function by s.k. goyal" by JPNP publisher & in my personal view for any difficult function graph, it is the best book ever seen. other best book for...
ADITI SINGH 3 months ago
@ mohammed Kindly mention that u want the books to master only calculus related to maths , for maths problem solving or for physics , which helps in developing physics foundation for...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Three books come to my mind All books authored by Amit M Agarwal and Publish by Arihant Play with Graphs Diffrential Calculus. Integral Calculus I have also reviewed Diffrential...
Ajay 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts