There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

A sphere of mass 'm' and radius 'r' is rolling without slipping on a concave surface of radius 'R',,where R>r.It makes small oscillations about lowest point.Find the time period of these oscillations.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

I will take the sphere hollow.

Take at any position making angle @ with horizontal about centre of curvature of concave surface

At this instant linear acceleration of sphere

a = g sin@/(1+ k2/ r2)

For pure rolling

w r = w' (R - r)

differentiate it to get alpha (angular accln)

for pure rolling

alpha = a/r

Now use torque eqn

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a ball is dropped on the ground from a height 10cm .if coifficient of restitution is 0.4, then find the height to which ball is rebound ?
Final velocity would be, v = root( 0 + 2g*10/100) = > root(2) m/s. From coeff. of restitution, v’ = ev = > 0.4*v Now let h be the height it rebounced then, 0^2 = (0.4v)^2 – 2gh h =...
Vikas TU 13 days ago
A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
supposes you are running fast in a field when you suddenly find a snake in front of you. You stop quickly. Which force is responsible for your deceleration? what is it’s direction?
Friction is responsible for deceleration. It’s direction is opposite to your initial direction of motion.
Manas Shukla 12 days ago
Explain me sign convection for mirrors,lens,and spherical surfaces in simple way...
Hi ! Sunkari, for all lenses , mirror and spherical mirror the distance on the principal axis are measure from the optical centre. The distance measure in the direction of incident rays are ...
nath 2 months ago
The sign convection always follows the graph sign. Type of lens u v f Height of the image (h I ) Height of the object (h O ) Real Virtual Real Virtual Real Virtual Convex - + - + No virtual ...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
@ sunkari 1- all distance from principal axis are measured from optical enter . 2-the distance measure in the direction of incident ray are +ve and opp. to that are -ve 3- all distance...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
What do you mean by radial magnetic field and what are it`s area of applications
Radial magnetic field find its uses in number of devices.the galvanometer uses radial magnetic field to rotate its coil.such magnetic field is such that plane of the coil is always parallel ...
neena 9 months ago
Coulomb’s law states that the electric force becomes weaker with increasing distance. Suppose that instead, the electric force between two charged particles were independent of distance.In...
The charged body will induce an equal and opposite charge on the neutral body which leads to attraction between them. Also ,since both the particles have some mass they will have...
krishna priya 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts