My rank is as follows Rank: 1236 Rurkee 5 yr comp closing rank 1175 4 yr elctronics 1210 4 yr elect 1469 4 yr mech 1900 ------------------------------------------- 5 yr mech kanpur 1150 kharagpur 1762 madras 1300 bombay 1026 My question is Should I go for IIT Rurkee or 5yr mech at kanpur/kharghpr/madras if at Rurkee which stream ? Is going for IITs kanpur/kharghpr/madras is better than Rurkee as I have read on NET that it has not got the same repo as other three Kindly advise, thanks in advance Yash

My rank is as follows

Rurkee
5 yr comp closing rank 1175
4 yr elctronics 1210
4 yr elect 1469
4 yr mech 1900

-------------------------------------------
5 yr mech
kanpur 1150
kharagpur 1762
madras 1300
bombay 1026

My question is
Should I go for IIT Rurkee
or 5yr mech at kanpur/kharghpr/madras

if at Rurkee which stream ?

Is going for IITs kanpur/kharghpr/madras is better than Rurkee

as I have read on NET that it has not got the same repo as other three

Kindly advise, thanks in advance

Yash

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitiansExpert Rohan
8 Points
14 years ago

Hi yash..

well you have got a very good rank at IIT.. Cangratulations first of all

Secondly, Yeah you read it correct thar roorkee has not got that good reputation as the other IITs.. So going there I would not suggest to you..

Rather I would advise you to go to other options of 5yr mech at KANPUR/KHARAGPUR/MADRAS..

Infact You should chose IIT kanour as your futue college.. This institute has got a great reputaion among all of the IITs and is also know for its academic excellence.. IIT kanour is a tremendously competing college and is always competing with just two IITs ahead of it in my Ranking( IIT BOMBAY and IIT DELHI)

Also the average packages in dual degree is slightly on a highe side compared to the conventional B.Tech.... That you must have noticed durin your counselling session..

so hope for a great future

good wishes

best of luck..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free