There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

The region b/w  x=0 &x=s is filled with uniform steady magnetic field b(k cap).aparticle of mass m,+ve charge q and velocity v(i cap)travels along x-axis and enters the region of the magnetic field

neglect the gravity throught the question

(a) find the value of s if the partical emerges from the region of magnetic field with final velocity at an angle of 30(degree) to its initial velocity.

(b)find the final velocity of the particle and the time spent by it in magnetic field,if the magnetic field now extends upto 2.1s.                            

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

(a)  the deviation of a charged particle in a uniform magnetic field is sinθ = s/r

where 's' is the length of the magnetic field.

(for derivation plzz see ARIHANT: electricity  and magnetism by D.C. PANDEY)

here deviation is 30o . and sin30o = 0.5= s/r

=>   s = r/2 where r is  the radius of circular arc traced by the particle

r = mv/bq.

(b)  plzz make the things clear like velocity(magnitude, direction or both) and 2.1s .

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Magnetism

Please give me a detailed explanation to the question. I need at as soon as possible
I can guide U through the formulaes u can use here: Use 2 nd law of eqn. s = 0.5at^2 as there is no velocity in horizontal direction. and in x- direction use, x = v*t at end of the plate x...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
According to gauss’s law for magnetism a magnetic monopole cannot exist as tghe no of field lines going out of the surface should be equal to the number of field line going into it.But...
As charge is quantized, according to Gauss’s law the net flux enclosed by a surface, the summation should be zero. which is the contradiction here as the flux lines are radial and hence...
Vikas TU one month ago
a circular loop carrying a current i is placed in XY plane with center at origin.a uniform magnetic field is oriented about positive z axis.The loop tends to ? ANS: expand how?
compression if the direction of current i
rohit anand 9 months ago
compress if the direction o
rohit anand 9 months ago
Is LR and LCR circuits with DC source included in JEE Main Syllabus?
Yes they are the part of the Electromagnetic Induction chapter. A Dc source with R and L. simply write KVL there and integerate it for current eqn. in inductor.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
does electric force act on a moving charge
Yes electric force acts on both moving charges and charges on rest.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
KARTHIK one year ago
Write the second law of reflection?
The angle of incident is equal to angle reflection.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
First Law of Reflection : The incident ray, the reflected ray, and the normal all lie on the same plane. Second Law of Reflection : The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
Light is known to behave in a very predictable manner. If a ray of light could be observed approaching and reflecting off of a flat mirror, then the behavior of the ...
venky one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts