ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

we r given that the curves y =integation from -infinity to x f(t)dt through the point (0,1/2) and y=f(x),where f(x)>0 and f(x) is differntiable for x belongs to R through (0,1).If tangents dranw to both the curves at the point having equal abscissae intersect on the same point on x axis then 

no. of solutions f(x)=2ex = ?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

hey,this question is in the GRAND MASTERS PACKAGE.Have you completed all the questions of GMP?

3 years ago

From the first relation,

dy/dx = f(x)

Equation of tangent at (0,1/2):

(y-0.5)/(x-0) = f(x)

or, x.f(x) = y-1/2

From the second relation,

dy/dx = d(f(x))

Equation of tangent at (0,1):

(y-1)/(x) = d(f(x))

x.d(f(x)) = y-1

Note (0,1/2) and (0,1) has same abscissae, so,

On the x-axis, let the common point be (h,0)

Both the equations should satisfy this point.

h.f(h) = -0.5          ............(i)

h.d(f(h)) = -1           ...........(ii)

dividing (i) and (ii),

d(f(h))/f(h) = 2

Integrating both sides,

ln (f(h)) = 2h + c

f(h) = e^(2h+c)

the function is f(x)=e^(2x+c)

Given the y=f(x) passes through (0,1), putting the values, in the above relation,

1 = e^(c)

or, c = 0

therefore the funtion is, f(x) = e^(2x)

Now,

f(x) = 2e^(x)

or, e^(2x) = 2.e^(x)

or, e^(x) = 2

or, x = ln2

so, i get just one solution. And i m really curious to know the answer. :) ..

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
integration of logx2

log x 2 = 2 logx and integration of logx is =xlogx – x,,using ILATE so the answer is 2(xlogx -x)

himanshu pandey 2 months ago

log x 2 = 2 log x So its answer is = 2( x logx + x ) Please approve if you like it

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago
integration root cos2A/sinA=

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
in numerator first term is e raise to power integral part of x ….....please explain anyone please ...please...

Hi, Convert the expression into e^2x ( by eliminating the e^-x term) Now analyse. The denominator is always positive. Demoninator > Numberator always. Ie. values are less than 1. So not...
  img
Yash Baheti 7 months ago
the 3 rd term and 7 th term of an A.P are 13 & 33 respy..find the nth term of the ap

Given, 3 rd term is 13.So, a+2d=13 7 th term is 33.So,a+6d=33 On solving, a=3,d=5 T n =a+(n-1)d T n =3+5n-5=5n-2 So, the nth term of this A.P is 5n-2.

CHANDRA KIRAN one month ago

Given, 3 rd term is 13.So, a+2d=13 7 th term is 33.So,a+6d=33 On solving, a=3,d=5 T n =a+(n-1)d T n =3+5n-5=5n-2 So, the nth term of this A.P is 5n-2.

CHANDRA KIRAN one month ago

a+2d=13 and a+6d=33. On solving, a=3,d=5. T n =a+(n-1)d=5n-2.

viswanath one month ago
The given figure shows a regular hexagon PQRSTU. Find the value of vector PQ + vector PR + vector PS+ vector PT + vector PU.

Hello Student, PQ PR=PQ+QR PS=PQ+QR+SR=PR+SR PT=PQ+QR+SR+ST=PS+ST PU=PQ+QR+SR+ST+TU=PT+TU Adding we get =>QR+SR+ST+TU=QU If you give options we'll be able to format the answer in your...
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago
For all x in [0,90] show that cos(sinx)>sin(cosx) I understood the solution given in my book which said Cosx +sinx But then Cosx Then take sin and cos both sides resp we get two different...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below I am assuming you meant 90 to be pi/2. For sinx will take the value from 0 to 1 in increasing order. cosx will take the value...
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago
View all Questions »