ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

we r given that the curves y =integation from -infinity to x f(t)dt through the point (0,1/2) and y=f(x),where f(x)>0 and f(x) is differntiable for x belongs to R through (0,1).If tangents dranw to both the curves at the point having equal abscissae intersect on the same point on x axis then 

no. of solutions f(x)=2ex = ?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

hey,this question is in the GRAND MASTERS PACKAGE.Have you completed all the questions of GMP?

3 years ago

From the first relation,

dy/dx = f(x)

Equation of tangent at (0,1/2):

(y-0.5)/(x-0) = f(x)

or, x.f(x) = y-1/2

From the second relation,

dy/dx = d(f(x))

Equation of tangent at (0,1):

(y-1)/(x) = d(f(x))

x.d(f(x)) = y-1

Note (0,1/2) and (0,1) has same abscissae, so,

On the x-axis, let the common point be (h,0)

Both the equations should satisfy this point.

h.f(h) = -0.5          ............(i)

h.d(f(h)) = -1           ...........(ii)

dividing (i) and (ii),

d(f(h))/f(h) = 2

Integrating both sides,

ln (f(h)) = 2h + c

f(h) = e^(2h+c)

the function is f(x)=e^(2x+c)

Given the y=f(x) passes through (0,1), putting the values, in the above relation,

1 = e^(c)

or, c = 0

therefore the funtion is, f(x) = e^(2x)

Now,

f(x) = 2e^(x)

or, e^(2x) = 2.e^(x)

or, e^(x) = 2

or, x = ln2

so, i get just one solution. And i m really curious to know the answer. :) ..

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
ihow use shortcuts for integral calculus

Hello student, First of all, in order to excel in integral calculus the inetgration formulae should be on your finger tips. There is no shortcut to hardwork and practice, but yes, there are...
  img
Latika Leekha 20 days ago
Q . LET F 1 AND F 2 ARE THE FOCI OF THE ELLIPSE - 4x 2 + 9y 2 = 36 AND ‘P’ IS A POINT ON THE ELIPSE SUCH THAT - PF 1 = 2PF 2 , THEN THE AREA OF THE TRIANGLE PF 1 F 2 IS ?

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below 4x 2 + 9y 2 = 36 By the definition of ellipse, PF 1 + PF 2 = 2a a = 3 PF 1 + PF 2 = 6 PF 1 = 2PF 2 PF 2 = 2 PF 1 = 4 F 1 F 2 can...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago

sir please answer other problems too.......i have tried them multiple times.......atleast provide the hints

Bharat Makkar 7 months ago

thank you sir......

Q . PLEASE HELP IN EVALUATING THE GIVEN PROBLEM OF LIMIT AS A SUM.......

Hi Student The problem is not visible. Please post it again and limit as a sum is just conversion of integration to summation form. I will be able to explain more properly if you post the...
  img
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago

please answer rest of the problems posted …....

Hi I have doubts in a problem the iitjee question paper 2007.I have attatched the question. When i tried adding both the equations and solving them,i could get 5 solutions...

If you add the two equations you will get few solutions. Check those solutions eg: theta-=90 is not the simultaneous solution of the two equations. Check the solutions once you solve them...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago

Please check the solution
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago

Sorry to say, but i had asked why dont we directly add the two equations to solve this question.

uma 2 months ago
If sinx+siny=root3(cosy-cosx) Prove that sin3x+sin3y=0.

Hello students, please check the solution of your question given below: sinx+siny = root3 ( cosx-cosy) 2sin(x+y/2)cos(x-y/2) = root3 {2sin(x+y/2)sin(y-x/2)} sin(x+y/2)[cos(x-y/2)-root3....
  img
Sunil Raikwar 9 months ago

Dear student, According to the given relation, we would have: If we multiply both sides by a factor of 4, we get: This on simplifying gives us: If the right hand side can be simplified to...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago
find the equation of the circle through (-2,-4), (6,0) and (1,5)

Hii FInd out equations of two chords using three points. Then find the pair of equations of perpendicular bisectors. Find their point of intersection that will be centre . Find out the value...
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago

hey I have a simpler and unique solution Use family of circles passing through two points and then put third point to get the constant The required circle’s equation will be S + k L = 0...

Kaustubh Nayyar 7 months ago

hii use general equation of circle... x 2 +y 2 +2gx+2fy+c=0 put the given coordinates and you will ger the linear eqn with three variables ...solve them to find g f c then put it on the...

divyansh 7 months ago
View all Questions »