if A denotes the area bounded by f(x)=mod (sinx+cosx whole divided by x),x axis ,x=Π and x=3Π the A what r the max and min value of A

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
Using the inequality
m(b-a)\leq \int_{a}^{b}f(x)dx\leq M(b-a)
a = \pi , b = 3\pi
m\leq f(x)\leq M
Max. value of A
2\pi M
Min. value of A
2\pi m
You can easily find the m & M from f(x) (I am not finding b/c f(x) is not clear)
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one month ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the values of a for which the function f (x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b is decreasing.

f(x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b df/dx = -sin x -cos x + a For function to be decreasing, df/dx<0 Hence, -sinx - cosx +a <0 sinx + cosx>a or root(2) sin (x+pi/4) > a sin (x + pi/4)...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago

f(x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b df/dx = -sin x -cos x + a For function to be decreasing, df/dx<0 Hence, -sinx - cosx +a <0 sinx + cosx>a or root(2) sin (x+pi/4) > a sin (x + pi/4)...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago

f'(x)=-sinx-cox+a minimum of -sinx-cosx= -sqrt(2)=-1.4 f'(x)>a-1.4 f'(x)>0 a-1.4>=0 a belongs to(1.4, inf) Sher Mohammad B.tech, IIT Delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago
Plz askiitians tutors help me out.... i have posted this question twice but to no avail.... its a fitjee question and only the answer is given... no detailed solution is given there... can...

f(x)= x^3+3x+1; g(x) is inverse of f(x). We need the area of y = g(x) b/w x=1 & x=15 It is similar to find the area of x=f^(-1) (y) b/w y =1 and y =15 Or it is similar to find area of y =...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 6 months ago

f(x)= x^3+3x+1; g(x) is inverse of f(x). We need the area of y = g(x) b/w x=1 & x=15 It is similar to find the area of x=f^(-1) (y) b/w y =1 and y =15 Or it is similar to find area of y =...
  img

Please find the solution attached. Thanks and Regards, Pratik Tibrewal, askiitians faculty, BTech
  img
What will be the anti derivative of e 3x ? Is there any method other than substitution to solve it?

Anti derivative of e 3x = ∫ e 3x dx = e 3x /3 + c I think substitution is the simplest way(substitute 3x for t) or just do it directly

Harikrishnan M B 18 days ago
If in a triangle A=(1,10),circumcenter=(-1/3,2/3) and orthocentre =(11/3,4/3) then the co-ordinates of the side opposite to A is:

STEP 1:USE THE CONCEPT THAT CENTROID DIVIDES THE LINE SEGMENT JOINING ORTHOCENTRE. AND CIRCUMCENTRE IN THE RATIO 2:1 CALCULATE THE COORDINATES OF CENTROID(G) AS (1,8/9). STEP 2:CENTROID=((X...

siddharth gupta one month ago
Number of ways in which 8 non-identical apples can be distributed among 3 boys such that every boy gets atleast 1 apple and atmost 4 apples.?

Hello student, There are 3 ways of distributing 8 apples among boys they are 1)4 3 1 2)3 3 2 3)4 2 2 so number of ways= 3!(8c 4 )(4c 3 )(1c 1 )+3(8c 3 )(5c 3 )(2c 2 )+3(8c 4 )(4c 2 )(2c 2 )...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 7 days ago
I want chapters like group theory ,Elements of number theory,graph theory,theory of equation,group theory please provide me fast i want to read this chapters in just 2 days because mu exam...

It is not possible for us to explain the whole topic/chapter here. Please go through the study material and write down the specific problem. Thanks & Regards Latika Leekha askIITians...
  img
Latika Leekha one month ago
View all Questions »