Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 480 off
USE CODE: APR30

If y is a function of x then  (d2y/dx2) + y.(dy/dx) = 0.  If x is a function of y , then what does the same differential equation become ?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Solution:
Let us assume a solution of the original differential equation as:
y=e^{ax}
Hence the given differential equation becomes:
a^{2}e^{ax}+ae^{2ax}=0 \Rightarrow e^{ax}=-a \Rightarrow y=\frac{logy}{x} \Rightarrow y^{1/y}=e^{x}

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Majumdar,

askIITians Faculty

Ph.D,IIT Delhi

one year ago

Post Your Answer

limit of n! where n tends to infinite

limit of n! where n tends to infinite proof

samanu anusha 7 months ago

limit of n! where n tends to infinity

samanu anusha 7 months ago

the value is infinite

sri tanish 7 months ago
integ of tanx/x dx solve it if you dare

Integral could not be found,
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago
What is bionamial series and what are use of this series

Hello Prabhakar In mathematics, the binomial series is the Maclaurin series for the function given by , where is an arbitrary complex number.

Gaddam Chethan 4 months ago

my dear in our mahe matics binomila series plays a very important role and it will helps us in engineering level.so we need ro concentrate on that one.this is the main prat of this...

NAVEENKUMAR NAGIPOGU 3 months ago

dear prabha....... if we expand the small pollynomial to the big and large pollynomial.then it is called binomial serice.with the help of binomial serice we find the solution of complex...

mohan 3 months ago
find the equation of a plane which is at a distance of 3 root 3 units from the origin and the normal to which is equally inclined to the coordinate axes.

Hi, You know the direction cosine of normal to the plane and u know the point lying on that plane ( say, (3,3,3) in first quadrant) .So, you would get four such planes depending on the...
  img
Shobhit Varshney one year ago

You know the direction cosine of normal to the plane and u know the point lying on that plane ( say, (3,3) in first quadrant) .So, you would get four such planes depending on the quadrant.

Ankit Jaiswal 2 months ago
the point with position vectors 60i +3j, 40i- 8j and i-52 j are collinear if a =-40 a=40 a=20 none of these

answer is 40 for collinear we can write AB=X (BC) WHERE a,b,c ARE THREE GIVEN VECTORES AND ON COMPARING THE COEFFICIENTS OF i and j we get the value of a to be 40 approve if useful

ng29 one year ago

hey mansi check the question again as there is no a in all the given vectors and post the que again to get it solved

ng29 one year ago

the point with position vectors 60i+3j, 40i-8j and ai-52j are collinear if a =-40 a=40 a=20 none of these

mansi dabriwal one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 480 off

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts