If y is a function of x then  (d2y/dx2) + y.(dy/dx) = 0.  If x is a function of y , then what does the same differential equation become ?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Solution:
Let us assume a solution of the original differential equation as:
y=e^{ax}
Hence the given differential equation becomes:
a^{2}e^{ax}+ae^{2ax}=0 \Rightarrow e^{ax}=-a \Rightarrow y=\frac{logy}{x} \Rightarrow y^{1/y}=e^{x}

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Majumdar,

askIITians Faculty

Ph.D,IIT Delhi

one month ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
find the integral of(sin x¹°°cos x??) and interval is (0,x)

I = S (sin 100 xcos x ).dx here S = integration symbol substituting sinx = t then cos x dx = dt I = S t 100 .dt I = (t 101 / 101) + k k- constant = (sin 101 x)/101 + k Thanks and Regards,...
  img
Ajay Verma 5 months ago

sin

kenadi kumar 4 months ago
Plz askiitians tutors help me out.... i have posted this question twice but to no avail.... its a fitjee question and only the answer is given... no detailed solution is given there... can...

f(x)= x^3+3x+1; g(x) is inverse of f(x). We need the area of y = g(x) b/w x=1 & x=15 It is similar to find the area of x=f^(-1) (y) b/w y =1 and y =15 Or it is similar to find area of y =...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 5 months ago

f(x)= x^3+3x+1; g(x) is inverse of f(x). We need the area of y = g(x) b/w x=1 & x=15 It is similar to find the area of x=f^(-1) (y) b/w y =1 and y =15 Or it is similar to find area of y =...
  img

Please find the solution attached. Thanks and Regards, Pratik Tibrewal, askiitians faculty, BTech
  img
For the function y = 1 increment ?y = a-b . x-a a2 -b2 , and the initial value of the independent variable x0 = a - b. At what terminal value of x the

I am not able to interpret your query. Please write down the problem clearly so that I can provide you the meaningful answer. Thanks & Regards Pankaj Singh askIITians Faculty
  img
Pankaj 22 days ago

Your question is not clear and seems to be incomplete. Please recheck your question and post it again. Thanks & Regards Pankaj Singh askIITians Faculty
  img
Pankaj 22 days ago
differentiate with respect to x x^(sin x – cos x) + (x)^2 – 1/ (x)^2 + 1

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 16 days ago
if period of function cos(nx).sin(5x/n) is 3 pi, then number of integral values of n are ; Ans: ±1, ±3, ±5, ±15

Ans: Period: 3pi Solving this equation, we have
  img
Jitender Singh 11 days ago
Value of a for which the given equation logx/loga = a^a^x has one solution..

Log x/log a= a^a^x x = a^a^a^x There is one possible solution when a= 1 Hence x = 1^x x=1 is the solution... Thanks Bharat Bajaj Askiitians faculty
  img
bharat bajaj one month ago

Hi bharat bajaj for a=1 LHS would’t be defined because log(a)=0 !!!!!

Arun Kumar one month ago
View all Questions »