ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

If y is a function of x then  (d2y/dx2) + y.(dy/dx) = 0.  If x is a function of y , then what does the same differential equation become ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Solution:
Let us assume a solution of the original differential equation as:
y=e^{ax}
Hence the given differential equation becomes:
a^{2}e^{ax}+ae^{2ax}=0 \Rightarrow e^{ax}=-a \Rightarrow y=\frac{logy}{x} \Rightarrow y^{1/y}=e^{x}

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Majumdar,

askIITians Faculty

Ph.D,IIT Delhi

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Integrate ∫sin(lnx)dx Please reply soon.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Use ILATE rule, we have
  img
Jitender Singh 11 months ago

Thank u very much.

Lovey 11 months ago
5 ∫ 3 (2 – x) dx

integration of 2-x from 3 to 5 is equal to (2x-((x^2)/2)) from 3 to 5 =(2*5-((5^2)/2))-(2*3-((3^2)/2)) =(10-(25/2))-(6-(9/2)) =(-5/2)-(3/2) =-8/2 =-4

Miryala Gopalakrishna 8 months ago

Ans:- 5 ∫ 3 (2-x)dx =[2x-(x 2 /2)] 3 5 =[2(5-3)]-[(25/2)-(9/2)] =[2(2)]-[(25-9)/2] =4-8 =-4

Anusha 8 months ago
Q . PLEASE HELP IN EVALUATING THE GIVEN PROBLEM OF LIMIT AS A SUM.......

Hi Student The problem is not visible. Please post it again and limit as a sum is just conversion of integration to summation form. I will be able to explain more properly if you post the...
  img
Harsh Patodia 8 months ago

please answer rest of the problems posted …....

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago
Q . THE EQUATION ax 2 + 2bxy + by 2 =0 REPRESENTS A PAIR OF LINES. COMBINED EQUATION OF LINES THAT CAN BE OBTAINED BY REFLECTING THESE LINES ABOUT X-AXIS IS - bx 2 – 2bxy + ay 2 = 0 ax 2 +...

Let (X,Y) be a point in the req locus. Clearly (X,Y) is the image of the point (X,-Y) wrt y=0. According to the question, (X,-Y) lies on ax 2 +2bxy+by 2 =0 Therefore aX 2 - 2bXY +bY 2 = 0...

Himaja 7 months ago

thanks.......

Bharat Makkar 7 months ago
i am very weak in class 11 geometry how do i start doing it

justlook at the derivation once n note down the result u have to prepare ur own notes stay focussed automatically u will succeed

yaswanth 6 months ago

just practice daily ….... and u might will be perfect in a week... all the best..

vikas 6 months ago

just practice daily ….... and u might will be perfect in a week... all the best..

vikas 6 months ago
If [(x) + x] = 3 then x =? where [ ] represents greatest integer function and ( ) represents integer greater than or equal to x. plzz explain

sarah i want to ask that () u have used is also for gretaest integer function

ng29 2 months ago

Yes, () this prabably used for the same can u plz explain me hw to solve it?

Mohammad Kavish 2 months ago

x belongs to (1,2) both 1&2 excluded.

Shubham Singh 2 months ago
View all Questions »