ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

If y is a function of x then  (d2y/dx2) + y.(dy/dx) = 0.  If x is a function of y , then what does the same differential equation become ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Solution:
Let us assume a solution of the original differential equation as:
y=e^{ax}
Hence the given differential equation becomes:
a^{2}e^{ax}+ae^{2ax}=0 \Rightarrow e^{ax}=-a \Rightarrow y=\frac{logy}{x} \Rightarrow y^{1/y}=e^{x}

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Majumdar,

askIITians Faculty

Ph.D,IIT Delhi

8 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
2-x

5 ∫ 0 (x + 1) dx

integration of x+1 from 0 t0 5 is equal to ((x^2)/2)+x) from 0 to 5 =((5^2)/2+5)-0 =((25/2)+5) =35/2 =17.5

Miryala Gopalakrishna 4 months ago

Ans:- 5 ∫ 0 (x+1)dx =[(x 2 /2)+x] 0 5 =(25/2)+5 =(25+10)/2 =35/2

Anusha 4 months ago
the force acting on moving charge particle in a uniform magnetic field is (a) normal to magnetic field (b) at 45 degree from the magnetic field (c) parallel to the magnetic field

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Force acting on a charged moving particle in a magnetic field is given by: F = Magnetic Force q = charge on a particle (can be...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
Calcilate the area bounded between the curves y = x and y = lnx from 0 and 1.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below y = x y = lnx Area b/w curves ‘A’
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago

first we should find the area covered by the line in the interval oto1 then we find area covered by the curve lnx in the interval 0 to 1 then the difference gives us the answer

pavansai 6 months ago
Q. THE RANGE OF THE FUNCTION sin(inverse)( x(square) + 2x)

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below First we need to check the domain of the function ….......(1) So the domain of f(x) is (1). Since it covers all the...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
how many 5 letter words can be formed from letters of INDEPENDENT

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 2 months ago

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 2 months ago

yaswanth 2 months ago
crossproduct

Dear Student , Please elaborate your question. Thanks & Regards, Dinesh Sajnani AskIITians Faculty
  img
Dinesh 8 months ago
View all Questions »