coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off
USE CODE: MOB20

(2x^2-3x+8)dx/(2x^3-4x^2+8x-1)

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
I = \int \frac{2x^{2}-3x+8}{2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1}dx
We will proceed this question by partial fraction rule.
f(x) = 2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1
Roots of f(x):
x_{1} = .1333
x_{2} = .93335+1.69707i
x_{3} = .93335-1.69707i
\frac{2x^{2}-3x+8}{2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1} = \frac{a}{x-x_{1}} + \frac{b}{x-x_{2}}+\frac{c}{x-x_{3}}
We have values of a, b & c from here,
I = \int (\frac{a}{x-x_{1}}+\frac{b}{x-x_{2}}+\frac{c}{x-x_{3}})dx
I = aln|x-x_{1}| + bln|x-x_{2}| + cln|x-x_{3}| + constant
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Integral Calculus

what is integration? what is uses of integration: how to use integrations in real life?

Integration is an matematical Operation used to caluclate the area or volume of any given region/object.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

mathamatical defination ..the computation of a definite integral, a fundamental concept of calculus, which allows, among many other uses, computing areas and averaging continuous functions. ...

kalyan one month ago

integration is the mathematical operation used to caluculate the are under the curve............................or the integration is defined as the sum of...

SREEKANTH one month ago
What is the trick to get the correct substitution for integral problems , evn in tough problems of jee ??

There is no trick! For you to get a hang on which substitution to use where the only thing can help you is practice. The more you practice the more you get the intuition. The basis of this...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 4 months ago
PLEASE SOLVE IT

jagdish singh singh 8 months ago
The points (0,-1,-1), (-4,4,4),(4,5,1) and (3,9,4) are (A) Collinear (B) Coplanar (C) Forming a square (D) None of these Could you please explain using cartesian method of solving as we...

Let A (0,-1,-1), B (-4,4,4), C(4,5,1) and D(3,9,4) . find AB AC and AD then [AB AC AD] {box of} if it is 0 then they are coplanar otherwise not. Plz Approve!

Vikas TU one year ago

Let A (0,-1,-1), B (-4,4,4), C(4,5,1) and D(3,9,4) . find AB AC and AD then [AB AC AD] {box of} if it is 0 then they are coplanar otherwise not. Plz Approve!

Vikas TU one year ago

Vikas TU one year ago
|sinx|​÷cosx+|cosx|÷sinx how to find the period of function

I think the answer is 2pi because |sinx| period is pi and also |cosx| period is pi when we add we get 2pi

monu kumar 15 days ago
What is meant by addition please clariffy the defination

MY DEAR FRIEND ADDITION MEANS TO ADD SOMETHING(IN MANY SUBJECTS) IN MY VISION.PLEASE APPROVED IT .THANK YOU.

NARAYANA 7 months ago

addition means to add somethoing or to combine something.we add something we get some result.addition is first class matyhs.it is very ninteresting.

sreekanth sree 6 months ago

Hello Prabhakar, Addition means the calculating the total of the two or more numbers or amounts. This is known as Addition

Gaddam Chethan 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts