X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

(2x^2-3x+8)dx/(2x^3-4x^2+8x-1)

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
I = \int \frac{2x^{2}-3x+8}{2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1}dx
We will proceed this question by partial fraction rule.
f(x) = 2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1
Roots of f(x):
x_{1} = .1333
x_{2} = .93335+1.69707i
x_{3} = .93335-1.69707i
\frac{2x^{2}-3x+8}{2x^{3}-4x^{2}+8x-1} = \frac{a}{x-x_{1}} + \frac{b}{x-x_{2}}+\frac{c}{x-x_{3}}
We have values of a, b & c from here,
I = \int (\frac{a}{x-x_{1}}+\frac{b}{x-x_{2}}+\frac{c}{x-x_{3}})dx
I = aln|x-x_{1}| + bln|x-x_{2}| + cln|x-x_{3}| + constant
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please calculate the integral limit is (0 to pi/4) ∫ln(1+tanx) dx

Dear student, We have: J = ∫ ln { 1 + tan [ (π/4) - x ] } dx ... on [0,π/4] ...= ∫ ln { 1 + [ ( 1 - tan x ) / ( 1 + tan x ) ] } dx ...= ∫ ln { 2 / ( 1 + tan x ) } dx ...=...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one year ago
Plz. and this ques....

Hii the answer is -0.151697 . Use by parts and then apply the substitution to get to the answer. Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago

ya substitution was sinX = t

Nihal Raj 8 months ago
tanx/x plllllllllz

what is your question

maneeshbabu 21 days ago
If a variable line in two adjacent positions has direction cosines l, m,n and l+∂l, m+∂m, n+∂n, show that the small angle ∂theta between the two postions is given by (∂theta) 2 = (∂l) 2 +...

Use the formula of angle between the lines and after that Use approximation to eliminate the trigonometric functionality. You will get the answer. Best of Luck
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago
if tan(x-y/2),tanz,tan(x+y/2) are in GP. Then prove that cosx=cosy+cos2z

I Think the question should be to prove cos x = cos y * cos 2z. Hint. Just use b 2 =ac condition for GP of numbers a,b,c. Then Just do the simplification, You will get it.
  img
Vijay Mukti 20 days ago
Two consecutive sides of a parallelgrm are 4x+5y=0 and 7x+2y=0. If the eqn of one of the diagonals is 11x+7y=9 find eqn of other diagonal.

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago

img
Ravi 8 months ago
View all Questions »