There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Quantum Mechanical Liquid

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Quantum Mechanical Liquid: - Liquid helium is unique in that it exists in two forms He I and He II (liquid helium is obtained by joule-Thomson expansion of the gas previously cooled to 15K which is below the inversion temperature of He i.e., 35K). The liquid helium I boils at 4.2K and has normal liquid properties. One cooling he I to 2.19 K and 38 mm pressure, it changes to He II with abrupt changes in many physical properties such as density, dielectric constant and specific heat. He II is super fluid having so low energy that thermal motion of atoms do not take place, however, interatomic forces are also so weak that it does not occupy solid state. Thus He II is liquid with properties of gas. It has following characteristics:-

(i)          It has very high heat conductance -600 times of copper.

(ii)         It has very low viscosity – 1/100 of H2 gas.

(iii)        It has very flat meniscus – a low surface tension and creeps over the surface of glass container.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

how an oxygen satisfies their valency in superoxide by sharing of ½ – ½ electrons ?
Oxidative stress is an imbalance, in biological cells in particular, between the state of two chemical processes: formation of ‘reactive oxygen species’(ROS), more generally ‘reactive...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
Is the complex Co[(Nh3)2(h20)4] is paramagnetic or diamagnetic
U would have to find the configuration and hybridization .of Co. then count the numver of d-electrons according to tyhe Bonding and Antibonding table as per given in the NCERT book and then ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Me3N is pyramidal but(SiH3)3N is planar. Explain Why?
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding..Hence SP3 hybridised “N” so ,pyramidal.While vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant ‘d’)hence SP 2...
Pranav Dabhade 12 days ago
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding .Hence SP 3 hybridised “N” so pyramidal.Whilehybridised “N” hence planer. 2 vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant...
Pranav Dabhade 12 days ago
25 ml of solution of Ba(OH) 2 on titration with 1M – solution of hydrochloric acid gave a titre value of 3.5 ml the molarity of Ba(OH) 2 solution was
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
@ debashis i think u can surely recall the formula that is M1V1/N1=M2V2/N2 so, by applying the value from the question we will get N1=1,V1=25, M2=1,V2=3.5,N2=2 the answer turns out to be...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@umakant. Your answer is right.But N being the weight/eq weight,Is it not N1=2 & N2=1 ? The mole ratio of acid to base is 2:1.
Anjitha 3 months ago
Why para dihydroxy benzene does not have zero dipole moment while para xylene has. Both r electron donating towards benzene ring.
@ dattatray the dipole moment of para dimethoxybenzene is not 0 beacuse it exist in two forms , cis and trans forms . out of which trans have 0 dipole moment beacuse it is a symmetrical...
Umakant biswal one month ago
dear umakant Sir thanks for inputs. However not much clear and my question still remains same - as per book paradimethyl benzene (p-xylene) has zero dipole moment while, paradihydroxy...
Dattatray Biradar one month ago
Nylon 6 is which polymer condensation or addition ? Plz provide reference
Hi ! Praful , NYLON-6 is a condensation type of polymer.Nylon-6 is other wise known as polycaprolactum.These fibre are wrinkleproof, highly resistance to abbrasion such as chemicals like...
nath 2 months ago
With very tough, high strength and tensile nylon – 6 is not a condensation polymer but a semicrystalline polyamide. It somewhat resembles the characterstics of Nylon – 6,6.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn