Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Use of Noble Gases

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Use of Noble Gases:-

(i)          Being non inflammable and very light, helium is extensively used in filling balloons and inflating airplane tyres.

(ii)         Helium- oxygen mixture is used by divers and in the treatment of asthama.

(iii)        Liquid belium is used to produce low temperatures.

(iv)       Being inert, helium is used in vacuum tubes, radio tubes, signal lamps etc.

(i)          Neon emits a characteristic orange-red glow when subjected to electric discharge at very low pressure. For the attractive glow and its visibility even in mists and fogs, neon lights are used for advertising signs and as beacon light for pilots.

(i)          In incandescent lamps, checks volatilization of tungsten filament and enhances the life of lamp.

(ii)         To provide inert atmosphere in welding and metallurgical processes.

(iii)        Argon is mainly used in incandescent, fluorescent and discharge lamps.

Krypton & Xenon

(i)          Krypton is better for filling tubes and valves than Ar but is very costly.

(ii)         Xenon is used in electrical flash bulbs for high speed photography.

Radon: - In radiotherapy of cancer.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Please provide all the formulaes used in Equilibrium chapter . I have gone through the study material thoroughly but not able to get what I needed. So please mention all the formulas used in...
@ sahil for formula u have to visit our revision notes section , not the study material section , and i am sure all of the formula will must be enlisted their . and just go through the...
2017 years ago
What makes an element or compound to become source of energy , for example hydrogen ?
Any element or compound which is able to emit anything that is non – uited particle or photon or electron or proton or neutron etc. which ffinally is considered as releases energy and hence ...
Vikas TU 15 days ago
state kohlrausch law of independent migration of ions? write one of its application
This principle is known as Kohlrausch's law of independent migration , which states that in the limit of infinite dilution, Each ionic species makes a contribution to the conductivity of...
Umakant biswal 17 days ago
Does Paula Bruice Yurkanis Organic chemistry book contains extra stuff which is not necessary for JEE?
Yes, actually, this book is for analytical organic chemistry, which is also used for industrial chemical engg branch. I would like to suggest you to go for either Solomen or Morrison and...
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
@ siddhi Yes , they are actually higher than the level of JEE advanced exam . for jee u can refer to the 1- ncert 2- o.p tandon / morrision boyd . (any one ) 3- reaction mechanism in...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
why cynide are use during preparation of benzoin from bezaldehyde
Dear student Cyanide is used in benzoin condensation as :- 1.It is a very good nucleophile 2.It is also a very good leaving group.
Bhavya one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn