Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Occurrence: - Ozone is present in sufficient amounts in the atmosphere at higher altitudes i.e. 20km above earth’s surface. It is formed from oxygen present there, under influence of ultraviolet rays from sun. Ozone can absorb UV light to reform oxygen. Thus the ozone layer acts as a screen and prevents the harmful radiations from reaching the surface of earth. However, dust particles and chlorogluoro carbons decompose it. In small amounts, it occurs near the sea side or big lakes where it is formed by slow evaporation of water.

Laboratory preparation: - ozone can be obtained by passing silent electric discharge through dry, pure and cold oxygen. It is believed that some of the oxygen molecules dissociate and then atomic oxygen combines with oxygen molecules to form ozone.  

Since formation of ozone is an endothermic reaction, it required high energy which is obtained by silent electric discharge.

The mixture obtained is called ozonised oxygen. The apparatus used for this purpose is known as ozoniser. The commonly used ozonisers are (i) Siemen’s ozoniser  (ii) Brodie’s ozoniser.

Pure ozone from ozonised oxygen: - The ozonised oxygen is cooled by passing a spiral tube cooled by liquid air where it condenses as its condensation temperature is – 112.4oC. The liquid ozone thus obtained may contain some dissolved oxygen, which is fractionally distilled to get pure ozone.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

I want brief knowledge about subshells arriving after f-subshells.
In electronic Configuration for large atomic numbers elements, the first f orbital which gets filled is 4f. After that 5d → 6p → 7s get filled. This U can learn from the memory map which...
Vikas TU 14 days ago
Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 24 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 24 days ago
Why does an orbital can accommodate two electrons only?
Why does an s-orbital accommodate two electrons only? The Exclusion Principle only allows two electrons in an orbital. A wave must have a crest and a trough per period. An electron in ground...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
@ ramachandram the no of electron that can be accomdated by an orbital is restricted by pauli exclusion principle . acc to his theory the two electron exist in a orbital , then that must...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Give me full notes of solids state with fully explanation
@ manish in solid state , u have to only use your imagination , that chapter only uses imagination and creating the concept , the imp topics are (for boards ) 1- tetrahedral and octahedral...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and please approve my answer:} post if you have any doubt
SAHIL 3 months ago
Calculate relative rate of effusion of O2 to CH4 through a container containing O2 and CH4 in 3:2 mass ratio
Rate of O2= > R1 = (3x/32)A/root(32T) Rate of CH4 = > R2 = (x/8)A/root(16T) Divide both eqns. we get, R1/R2 = ¾ * root(16/32) = > 3/4root2 is the respective rate of effusion ratio.
Vikas TU 28 days ago
What are non-narcotic analgesics? Give example...................................?
Non-narcotic analgesics have no addictive properties. They are used to relieve mild aches like backache and headache. E.g.: Aspirin, Ibuprofen
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
non narcotics analgesic are those drug which are used to get relief from pain but don’t show any type of addictive behaviour.
mahak 3 months ago
These include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Aspirin and acetaminophen are two of the most widely used analgesics and are effective for mild to moderate headache and pain of ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn