Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

More than twelve elements such as carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, etc., are essential for the normal and healthy growth of plants. These are called plant nutrients. Nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium are the essential plant nutrients consumed in large quantities. Continuous cultivation from the soil makes it poorer and poorer in materials supplying nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium to plants and become less productive and ultimately infertile. Thus, in order to maintain soil fertility, it is necessary to add materials containing nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in the form of fertilizers. Fertilizers are of two types. 1. Natural Fertilizers 2. Artificial Fertilizers

Natural Fertilizers:-These contain animal waste such as blood, bones, horns, lather waste, fish scrap, excreta, night soil, sewage sludge, tankage, guano, etc., and decayed plants such as cotton seed meal, wood or tobacco stem ashes, oil cakes and green growing plants buried in the soil, etc.

Artificial or Chemical Fertilizers:- Chemical substances which are added to the soil as to make up the deficiency of essential elements are called chemical fertilizers.

Substance to be used as fertilizer must have following characteristics. It should (i) be soluble in water. (ii) Be fairly stable. (iii) Be easily assimilated by plants. (iv) Not disturb pH of the soil. (v) Be cheap.

Nitrogeneous Fertilizers:-  the important nitrogeneous fertilizers are :- (i) Ammonium suplhate. (ii) Calcium cyanamide. (iii) Calcium ammonium nitrate. (iv) Basic calcium nitrate. (v) Urea.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

does S 2 Exists? if not what ius reason for this ? as , O 2 exists .
@ pranav S2 is an allotropes of sulpher in the form of disulpher , but disulpher is in gaseous state and have very less energy , as compared to s8 , which is a solid substances and having...
Umakant biswal one month ago
S2 due to large size of sulphur cannot hold themselves together but in case of s8 they form crown structure which stabilize the molecules and give them high bonding strength
Biswajit dash one month ago
2 moles of an ideal gas at 2 atm and 25 C are compressed isothermally to one third of its volume by an external pressure of 6 atm. calculate q, w and del u
At isothermmal del U = 0 . W = nRTln(Vf/Vi) = > -2R*298*ln(V/3V) => 57.75 JOULE. U = Q + W As U = 0 Q = -57.75 Joule.
Vikas TU 15 days ago
formula to find the number of Total nodal planes####### star star star star star star star star star star start start start start start start
@ RAHUL u can calculate the no of nodal planes by the following formula no of nodal planes in an orbitals = azimuthal quantum number so, that for s orbitals , l=0 , so, nodal planes , l-=0...
Umakant biswal 11 days ago
what is the element with highest density among all the elements of periodic table?
@ dharma osmium is the most densiest element in the periodic table . its a very rare element which occurs in a very trace amount in platinum ores . it have a density of 22.59 g/cc . after...
Umakant biswal one month ago
It is Osmium. The higher density of Osmium may be explained on the basis of its higher atomic mass and greater value of effective nuclear charge onto its outermost electrons.
harshul gupta one month ago
Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Sir please explain what are lukars reagent and it reaction with different degree of alcohol????????
Hi ! Rama , LUCAR REAGENT (LR ) is a mixture of Zinc chloride (ZnCL 2 ) and concentrated Hydrochloric acid (Hcl).It is used to chemically distinguish different degree of alcohol. (i)When it ...
raju 2 months ago
Hi ! D.raman , It is a mixture of anhydrous ZnCl 2 and conc. Hcl. It’s reaction with different degree of alcohol -: 1 0 Alcohol-It get soluble in it. 2 0 Alcohol-Turbidity within 5 minutes. ...
nath 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn