DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

1) why does elements change from gases to solids in group 17..(halogens)????????????PLS EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

2) which is more strong HCl or HClO?????AND WHY .....PLS EXPLIAN!!!!!!

answer willl surely bbe aproved.........

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Reason for 1 statement: 

Since the non metals donot have metallic bonding so the only force holding them together is vanderwall force (Induced Dipole - Induced-Dipole type ). As the vanderwall forces as directly pproportional to the surace area of the molecule , Iodine which has the largest surface area will hv largest vanderwall forces which pack it in form of solids. However fluorine with smaller surface area is less tightly packed by the vanderwall forces which results in its gaseous sate.

Reason for 2 statement:

HOCl is more acidic. In HOCl , the O---Cl- anion is more stabilised by two effects which results in higher acidities.

1. due to negative charge on a more electronegative element (Oxygen) in O----CL  after the removal of protron , it is more acidic than HCl having negative charge on a comparitatively less electronegative element Cl-

2. In O---Cl, Cl acts as a electron withdrawing unit and tends to increase the stability of ion by negative charge dispersal. However no such phenomenon is observed in HCL  

3 years ago

perchloric acid is the strongest amongst the common strong acids. prechloric acid is a super acid one of the strongest bronsted and lowry acids. its pKa is -10,on the other hand hcl has a pKa of -8.0

hence perchloric acid is stronger than hcl !!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Compound A is [Cr(NH 3 ) 4 ClBr]Cl Comound B is [Cr(NH 3 ) 4 Cl 2 ]Br Question is attached with the image! [ALTSM 01/03 Q90] Pls show how you calculated EAN.

EAN=24-3+2*6=33 ATOMIC NO.---24 OXIDATION STATE---3 COORDINATION NO.---6 FOR BOTH THE EAN VALUE WILL BE SAME

nipun jain 4 months ago

ans is option 1

nipun jain 4 months ago
what is the configuration of second excited state of the element isoelectronic with O 2 or P - or Cl + is?

Dear student in excited state,an electron jumps from lower energy orbital to higher energy orbital.In this case the ground state configuration is [Ne]3s2,3p4.Now in first excited state first...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

Isoelectronic species are those which have same number of electrons or similar electron configuration irrespective of nature of elements involved. O 2 ,P - and Cl + are isoelectronic as they...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

can’t it become [Ne]3s 2 ,3p 6 …??

mansi dabriwal 3 months ago
Can I prepare complete Inorganic chemistry in 4 moths as I have not studied it at all.Can it be prepared in time that is left now.

Dear student yes you can definitely complete your inorganic chemistry in the period of 4 months,as it would be enough time for you.Don’t take stress while thinking that you...
  img
Aarti Gupta 9 months ago

Yeah, you can prepare Inorganic Chemistry in 4 months but just make sure you also keep in touch with other subjects .You can give majority of time to Inorganic but ewach subject is...
  img
Aziz Alam 9 months ago

Dear student NCERT book is very good but for the detail description of topics you should use other helping books also.As in such book you get the descriptions which you might need while...
  img
Aarti Gupta 9 months ago
Where do I get narendra awasthi physical chemistry for jee for free

It's not needed buy MTG or arihant instead

Maria Carla De Melo 21 days ago
i am very confuse double bond/triple bond is preferred over ether or opposite happens plzz help me..

In IUPAC naming of organic compounds containing double/triple bond and ether functional group, priority is given to the double bond/triple bond over ether group.
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago

You are always welcome
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago

THank u Pankaj Sir

Mohammad Kavish 3 months ago
NH 3 diagonal hybridisation

img
Charchit Tailong 6 days ago
View all Questions »