Amphibole silicate has x number of corner shared per tetrahedron.what is the value of x??????

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear SAnjeev,

continuous chains of Si-O tetrahedra, sharing two oxygens (single chains, Si : 0 = 1 : 3, for example the pyroxene group) or alternately sharing two and three oxygens (double chains, Si : 0 = 4 : 11, for example the amphibole group)

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Bond angle of hydrides of group 15 decreases from top to bottom . Why?

. All hydrides are pyramidal in shape. The bond angle decreases on moving down the group due to decrease in bond pair–bond pair repulsion.NH3 PH3 AsH3 SbH3 BiH3 107O 94O 92O 91O 90O
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 25 days ago
i need any tips to memorize inorganic chemistry

Hello Student. You have asked a very important question. But the answer is , There is no need to memorize it. You should try to understand the concepts of inorganic chemistry. It is not...
  img
sumit kumar one month ago
HELP!!!! Please guide me how to study Periodic Classification Elements. Is it really important for Chemical Bonding? And also Do i need to cram it all up( Periodic Classification)? If yes...

yes the book you are having is very good.let me tell you chaemical bonding ,periodic table, forms the most imp part of chemistry so you shouls have a very strong command over it. only way...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 15 days ago
how to convert ethyne to aniline ?

first we should convert ethyne to benzene by passing through organo nickle catalyst at 70c or cu tube at 300c then from benzene we can form aniline.

muaaz 26 days ago
which book is beeter solomon or morrison

better*

ashwini 17 days ago
the number of unit cells in 58.5 g of NaCl is approximately?

NaCl ( rock salt ) structure: no. of edge center atoms = 12(edges) x 1/4 (each edges shared by 4 units) =3 no. of body centred atoms = 1( center position) x 1 ( single atom present) = 1 no...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
View all Questions »