Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off

We all know that the valency of Palladium is 46.

Then the electronic configuration of Pd is 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d10 4s2 4p6 4d10....

Then I need the explanation for the valency of Pd. It should be 0 right??

How is that having a value?

Please explain... 

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear amrita

You forgot 5s2

electronic configuration for palladium, Pd (Z = 46) is [Kr]5s1 4d10

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian

6 years ago

To Prudhvi maam,

but palladium is an exceptional pseudo noble gas configuration, i.e. 5s0 4d10 ????

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

base CH 3 -CHO+HCHO​----------------> answer this rextion
Dear student In the presence of base, it will undergo aldol condensation as one of the reactant is having -H.If HCHO is given in excess then the reaction will proceed in the given way...
Bhavya 2 months ago
What is the rule of hydrogen bomb and what is the working method ?????Is it dangerous than atomic bomb??????
@ rahul hydrogen bomb works on the principle of nuclear fusion , liberating huge amount of heat , , while the essentiaL PART of the atomic bomb explosion is nuclear fission , hich is not as ...
Umakant biswal 26 days ago
Yes i is dangerous than atomic bombIt is depends on nuclear fusion and it can destroy all thing And u know that north korea hadmaden this
rahul kushwaha 28 days ago
Fission bombs worked, but they weren`t very efficient. It didn`t take scientists long to wonder if the opposite nuclear process -- fusion -- might work better. Fusion occurs when the nuclei...
rahul kushwaha 14 days ago
sir please explain in short what do you mean by Bridging ligands ??
Hi ! Prasan ,, A Bridging ligand is defined as the one that can simultaneously bond itself to more than one metal ion.OH- , Cl- , NH2- , can function both as monodentate and bridging ...
raju 2 months ago
@prasan an atomic or polyatomic ligand which connect two or more atoms in a compound is called bridging ligand . example – nbcl5 these are 2 bridging and 8 terminal chloride ligand . HOPE...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Write differences between double salt and common salt.
Double salts are formed by mixture of two normal or simple salts obtained through crystallization. for example-dolomite. Common salt is the common name of NaCl and isan example of normal...
Mudit 3 months ago
first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU one month ago
the work done when 6.5 g of zinc reacts with dilut HCl in an open beaker at 298k is
moles of zn reacted = > 6.5/65 = 0.1 mol. from ideal gas eqn. PV = nRT 1*V = 0.1*0.0821*298 V = 2.46 litre. Work Done = -Pext.*V => -1*2.46 = -2.46 l/atm or W = -2.46 * 100 => -246 Joules...
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn