Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Photosensitivity of AgBr is due to the presence of frenkal defect in a crystal?explain?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear kartik,

It is well known that AgBr crystallizes into a face-centered cubic crystal lattice with NaCl structure (space group ) or into a simple cubic crystal lattice with CsCl structure (space group ) depending on the acidity of the medium. The most probable shape of nanocrystallites are cubes characteristic for these space groups. AgBr is one of the basic photographic materials and its photographic properties are the result of deviations from an ideal crystal structure. Since there is no immediate correlation
between concentration of the ingredients of the reaction and the concentration of the nanoparticles obtained the latter can be evaluated only qualitatively. The metal silver phase in this case was not formed as its appearance would be accompanied by sample blackening, which was not observed. The majority of defects in AgBr are the Frenkel defects concentrated near the surface of its particles.
To provide the high-resolution photographic material with good radiation sensitivity the task of vital concern is to create AgBr particles within the medium preventing formation of large conglomerations.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

How to explain 109 degrees 28 minutes to students. Mainly 28 minutes
@ prassana i have not got your question . kindly elaborate what exactly u want toknow. 109 degree 28 minute is the standard bond angle of sp3 hybridisation . and in chemistry its actually...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
I want to know, Effective atomic number of Cu2+ion in CuSO4.5H2O complex, how to calculate ?
EAN = metal electrons + Ligands + Charge and Electronic configuration of Cu2+ = 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s0 3d9 Hence, => 9 + (5 + 1) + 2 = > 17. that would be the EAN number perhaps for Cu2+.
Vikas TU 11 days ago
Except F2 all the halogens forms the oxides. Cl has largest number of synthesis of oxides. Examples: Cl2O, ClO2, Cl2O6, Cl2O7 Br2O, BrO3, BrO2C. I2O5 , I2O7. the synthesis reaction would...
2017 years ago
The phosphate of a certain metal M is M3 (PO4)2. The correct formula of metal sulphate would be??? Please explain the answer and thank you in advance.
the metal will be from II(A) Group i.e can be Be,Mg,Ca Etc. since, M 2+ PO 4 3- By cross multiplication we get this formula.
2017 years ago
What are biodegradable and non-biodegradable detergents?
Biodegradable detergents: Cleansing agents or detergents which are decomposed by microbes are called biodegradable detergents. Their molecules have less branching. Non-biodegradable...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
1. Biodegradable Detergents are those detergents which can be degraded or decomposed by microorganisms present in water.such detergents have straight chain of hydrocarbons in the...
somprasad 3 months ago
1.Biodegradable dete rgents :Detergents having straight hydrocarbon chains are easily degraded(decomposed) by microorganisms .e.g.sodium lauryl sulphate. 2.Non-biodegradable detergents...
xavier 3 months ago
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn