Can someone tell some best guides for iit entrance and class 11 and 12 cbse.for maths and physics

Can someone tell some best guides for iit entrance and class 11 and 12 cbse.for maths and physics

Grade:11

2 Answers

Beenu Mathew
533 Points
7 years ago
    1. MATH
    2. Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight for Algebra
    3. Textbook of Co-ordinate Geometry for IIT-JEE by A. Majeed for Co-ordinate geometry
    4. Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I. A. Maron for Calculus
    5. Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney for Calculus
    6. Vector Algebra by Shanti Narayan
    7. A textbook of Matrices by Shanti Narayan
    8. [practice] Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw Hill publications.
    9. [practice] Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
    10. [practice] Trignometry by S L Loney

•  
  • Physics:
    1. University Physics by Freedman and Young
    2. Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
    3. [practice] Physics for IIT-JEE series by B. M. Sharma.
      Disclaimer: I was taught Physics by the author. I have not gone through these books but I am basing this recommendation on the assumption that these would be similar to the questions found in the reading material provided to me as a student.
    4. [practice] Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
    5. [practice] Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
      This is generally of a level above the general questions asked currently in IIT-JEE and may be considered optional.
    The books mentioned above can be used for all topics.

• Chemistry
    1. University Chemistry by Bruce Mahan for Physical Chemistry
    2. Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
    3. Organic Chemistry by Solomons and Fryhle for Organic Chemistry
    4. A Guidebook to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes for Organic Chemistry.
      This book must be read irrespective of whether you read 2 or 3. But it is suggested that you read this book only after you have covered all or atleast a large part of your organic chemistry syllabus.
    5. Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
    6. [practice] Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
    Aneesh Sehgal
    955 Points
    7 years ago
    Dear Student you may use NCERT books as base books and certain competititve exam oriented books may be used as reference books additionally you may download sample papers and previous year test papers with answer key and getb to know the pattern of the test, make sure you go for an extensive practice and join a good coaching center as well. I may recommend some names of institutions where you can choose any one for admission – PSG College of Technology, Coimbtore,...............Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,................M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore,....................Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free