Use Coupon: CART10 and get 10% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

What percent need me to select in iit. Please tell me that what is iitjee. Is a hard process to entrance in iit

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear  Mukul

Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE) is the entrance examination for bachelor courses in engineering in Indian Institute of Technologies(IITs). Indian Institute of Technologies are without doubt the most prestigious institutes for engineering education in India. Students start preparing for IIT JEE years before the actual examination. Preparation for IIT JEE requires special effort and determination as the level of questions asked in IIT JEE is higher than other engineering entrance examinations.
At present there are 15 IITs (including 2 new IITs-IIT Himachal Pradesh and IIT Indore)for which admission is conducted through JEE. In addition admission to IT BHU, Varanasi and ISMU, Dhanbad is also conducted through IIT JEE. After getting admission in any of these institutes students can expect to get placements in the leading companies offering the best pay packages. In addition to quality education, faculty, training etc IITs boast of world class infrastructure and other facilities.

Type of Examination

There will be two question papers, each of three hours duration. Both the question papers will consist of three  separate sections on Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Questions in these papers will be of objective type. The answers for each of the questions are to be recorded on a separate specially designed machine-gradable sheet of paper (ORS – Optical Response Sheet). While answering each of the questions the candidate is expected to darken the bubble against correct answer(s) using hard black (HB) pencils only. In some sections, incorrect answers may be awarded negative marks.

Fifteen IITs at present, located in

Bhubaneswar, Bombay (Mumbai), Delhi, Gandhinagar,Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras (Chennai), Mandi, Patna, Punjab, Rajasthan and Roorkee.

Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU), Varanasi and Indian School of Mines University (ISM), Dhanbad

Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2010:

1. Date of Birth
The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories (refer Section IV & V for details) should be on or after October 1, 1985. Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1980.The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit along with the application, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the 10+2 for the first time,after October 1, 2008 or in the year 2009 or will be appearing in 2010.

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE.Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

which is a better option? IIT G CSE OR BITS PILANI CSE
BITS Pilani stands atop among the both but you may check in details at other institutions too in order to go for a comparative analysis, consider visiting the official weblinks of these – R ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
coz it is better than iit G bt if u want the tag iit then only prefer iit G
navneet 3 months ago
both are good bt pilani is more better
navneet 3 months ago
sir my 12th bihar board % is 64.2 i wanted to know how much score is required for me in jee mains 2016 to get NIT
Target for AIR atleast 25000-30000. The better the rank you obtained more the choices you will have for better college/rank. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
Try to score above 190 normalized marks
My Pleasure.
Is M.L. Khanna IIT MATHEMATICS a sufficient book for JEE ?? Help me out please....
I may recommend the following books for extensive learning: S L Loney [for Trigno and Co-ord geomatry] Hall and Knight [algebra] Arihant [calculus] Tata Mcgrawhills [for practicing ques]...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
Yes its good one but you may consult other qauthors as well like – S L Loney, Hall and Knight, Arihant and Tata MCGrawhills and along with it also contact renowned institutions for...
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
Hi, the main ingredient for success is discipline. It requires discipline to study systematically and sincerely. There are a variety of brilliant reference books you can use. Math – McGraw...
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 2 months ago
what a 11 th std boy to do to achieve jipmer. now i am finished 10 th . and got 9.6cgpa. next i want to take science stream. i think so.. give me a correct schedule for studying in home
Hello Student, Well you first gotta join some coaching institute. Then you are gonna have to study regularly and not waste time. Doing that you probable can get into IITs. Thanks &...
Arun Kumar one year ago
Benefit of kvpy scholarship exam Pl reply soon I must for it today is last date
It will help in admission for IISc Banglore... Scholarship is helpfull all the way..
Saurabh Kumar one month ago
scoring topics in iit jee
For MATHS S. No. Topic Number of questions asked in JEE Main 2013 1. Coordinate Geometry 7 2. Limits, Continuity and Differentiability 3 3. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations 3 4....
Sourabh Singh one year ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details