I want to start my preparation for IIT JEE from 9th onwards but I am not able to figure out, how to start. Please suggest.

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

First finish P,C and M of class 9 and 10

You can find out the IITJEE syllabus from the IIT website, and use the following books for preparation.

Physics: HC Verma, Young & Freedman(used at MIT, USA), “Problems in Physics” by Abhay Kumar Singh

Inorganic Chemistry: JD Lee, OP Tandon

“Physical Chemistry” by Robert A. Alberty, Robert J. Silbey (both from MIT, USA)

Organic Chemistry: Morrison & Boyd, Paula Yurkanis Bruice

“Calculus:graphical,numerical,algebraic” by Thomas,Finney, Demana, Waits (one or more authors from MIT, USA)

Arihant Integral Calculus, Arihant Differential Calculus, Arihant “Vectors and 3-D geometry”

Trigonometry: SL Loney

Coordinate geometry: SL Loney

Algebra: “Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics” by V. Krishnamurthy

2 years ago

strictly follow iit jee syllabus and solve previous papers chapter wise. i would suggest you to write down super short notes on iit jee syllabus and solve concept wise bit with increasing level of complexity.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i am getting chemical at iit roorkee or engineering design at iit madras..wich one is a beeter option..and on the other hand i have an awsome mains rank of air 1997..wich gets me cse in top...

Going, by the options you have, Chemical IIT Roorkee, Engineering design and CSE at top NITs, you should actually go for CS at top NITs. That is the best options out of the 3 options you...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
sir i have paid the amount on jeeadv site by credit card but there was no acknowledgement page.now what should i upload in dd/neft/rtgs/ challan copypls tell

many have not received the acknowledgment But if you visit the site and login it shows in green colour confirmation that payment is made as also the details mentioned (this happens about 5-6...

Subhash Shanbhag 2 months ago

many have not received the acknowledgment But if you visit the site and login it shows in green colour confirmation that payment is made as also the details mentioned (this happens about 5-6...

sir i paid the amount on jeeadv site through icici credit card. but did not recieved any acknowledgement page. now its showing that the payment has been made but what should i upload against...

Hello Dear student, You should have got the transaction details from your account, print the transaction refrence number and send or upload it.............................
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
my marks in jee main is 69 and expected cbse board is 80%. and on askiitians website my jee main predicted rank is 14553. what are the chances of my selections in NIT`S , IIIT`S. i belong to...

if according to predictor your rank is 14553 then for open cat you can get civi and industril management in it.first of all there is no chemical engg in nit kurukshetra.you can try bit mesra...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago

what are the my chances of getting in to the nit-wrangal (biotechenology) and placements in field of biotechnology salary per annum.

Sachin Bhutani 5 months ago

general category. thanks

Sachin Bhutani 5 months ago
what are the most scoring topics in jee

in case of physics mechanics,rotational motion,optics,heat and thermodynamics,waves,modern physics,in chemistry-organic chemistry specially name rxn given in ncert under blocks at last of...

RAHUL RANJAN 8 months ago

every subject is importent but mainly physics&maths based on we have lot of problems are given.

sohel mohammad one year ago
sir , i’m presently in intial phase of class xii. i was able to solve 70-75% of class xi sylabuss of class xi in one go whereby some questions are left due those topics yet not being...

Yes, you are on the right track. It is an excellent thing if you are able to solve the papers of JEE Mains and Advanced. But the target is still far away and you need to prepare extensively....
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago
View all Questions »