I want to start my preparation for IIT JEE from 9th onwards but I am not able to figure out, how to start. Please suggest.

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

First finish P,C and M of class 9 and 10

You can find out the IITJEE syllabus from the IIT website, and use the following books for preparation.

Physics: HC Verma, Young & Freedman(used at MIT, USA), “Problems in Physics” by Abhay Kumar Singh

Inorganic Chemistry: JD Lee, OP Tandon

“Physical Chemistry” by Robert A. Alberty, Robert J. Silbey (both from MIT, USA)

Organic Chemistry: Morrison & Boyd, Paula Yurkanis Bruice

“Calculus:graphical,numerical,algebraic” by Thomas,Finney, Demana, Waits (one or more authors from MIT, USA)

Arihant Integral Calculus, Arihant Differential Calculus, Arihant “Vectors and 3-D geometry”

Trigonometry: SL Loney

Coordinate geometry: SL Loney

Algebra: “Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics” by V. Krishnamurthy

2 years ago

strictly follow iit jee syllabus and solve previous papers chapter wise. i would suggest you to write down super short notes on iit jee syllabus and solve concept wise bit with increasing level of complexity.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
can I gave exam of JEE frome both city delhi and kanpur. it is possible?

2 attempts in a year are not permitted atleast by JEE. (I can expect the same for other exam conducting bodies too, certainly). So, NO...
  img
Ravi one month ago

img
Aziz Alam one month ago
respected sir,i have scored 85.2% in cbse board this year.Since i am dropping this year,please tell me the minimum no of marks that i have 2 score 2 get rank below 10000.also please tell...

You need to score around 200-230 in JEE to get a rank below 10000.Fiitjee South Delhi is a good institute for JEE preparation. Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians
  img
Aziz Alam 5 months ago

thank you sir......

bharat makkar 5 months ago
chapter wise weightage

Hello Student, Pls specify which chapters ????? Thanks,...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
ellipse part 4 doubts

Hi Student Its still not there. Please attach it and post it on new post....
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

Hi Student You have not attached doubt here. PLease post it again with th attached image....
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

sorry sir,i forgot to attach the image here now i have attached an image with the name ellipse part4(new) doubts please check....

vineet chatterjee one month ago
sir page 18 gaseous state module is it corret

Dear student, you have done mistake in conversion of unit for prassure. Put 760 mm of Hg ~ 1 atm and put R=0.082 atm-L/mol-K then the nH2=(380*2)/(760*0.082*300) mol =~0.041 mol Similalry,...
  img
Naveen Kumar 27 days ago

Hi Student, You have substituted the unit of P in mm. P of 380 mm is converted in to atm firstly by dividing with 760mm. Then calculate the no of moles of H2
  img
Harishwar 27 days ago
How can i score more marks in IIT JEE Advanced 2014 ???

For science/maths students in general, and IIT-JEE or PMT aspirants in particular, learning the skills of problem solving is very important.Questions and problems in science (especially...

Tuhin Chakraborty one year ago

see each question has same amount of marks so attempt those question which r easy first dont try on luck simply answer those which u r sure about

Ambuj Bansal one year ago
View all Questions »