Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

I want to start my preparation for IIT JEE from 9th onwards but I am not able to figure out, how to start. Please suggest.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

First finish P,C and M of class 9 and 10

You can find out the IITJEE syllabus from the IIT website, and use the following books for preparation.

Physics: HC Verma, Young & Freedman(used at MIT, USA), “Problems in Physics” by Abhay Kumar Singh

Inorganic Chemistry: JD Lee, OP Tandon

“Physical Chemistry” by Robert A. Alberty, Robert J. Silbey (both from MIT, USA)

Organic Chemistry: Morrison & Boyd, Paula Yurkanis Bruice

“Calculus:graphical,numerical,algebraic” by Thomas,Finney, Demana, Waits (one or more authors from MIT, USA)

Arihant Integral Calculus, Arihant Differential Calculus, Arihant “Vectors and 3-D geometry”

Trigonometry: SL Loney

Coordinate geometry: SL Loney

Algebra: “Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics” by V. Krishnamurthy

4 years ago

strictly follow iit jee syllabus and solve previous papers chapter wise. i would suggest you to write down super short notes on iit jee syllabus and solve concept wise bit with increasing level of complexity.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

I am thinking of buying IIT previous years papers book. Can anyone suggest me which ones are better. I came across two names - MTG And Arihant. Also suggest me which of the following is...

Dear Student, You can choose arihant publication for both. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago

Sir*. I am sorry I didn't see your name. Can you tell me In what areas/aspects are each of them better than the others ? ​

Manav Mehta 4 months ago

Thanks a lot for your suggestion sir/ma'am. I would be thankful if you could mention the differences been them. ​

Manav Mehta 4 months ago
hii... i am tanvi gupta from jodhpur.. i am getting 312 in bitsat 2016 and 100 marks approx. in jee advance.. which college will suit me the best in these scores. pls help me.. not able to...

I’ll prefer Bits but it depends on which branch you want to take. Remeber one thing you can compromise with college but never ever compromise with branch you want to study.

Amey 2 days ago

i will definitely get a dual in pilani, goa and hyderabad. It will be Msc. +B.E .should i prefer it. cuz if i take direct BE it might be compromising.

tanvi yesterday

Then go for the dual course (Msc. + B.E.) as you’ll be getting your desired branch. All the best for your future!!!

Amey yesterday

Dear Student, just make up your mind forst which study programme you may prefer as there is a long list of most eminent colleges and Universities in our country which are providing quality...

-5 hours ago
sir my jee mains marks are 94 and board 95.4 percentage OBC catogery.pl.appro. JEE rank

Your rank will be around 35k-40k. With this rank you can try for private institutes like SRM, Thapar, UPES, Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad  , BITs etc.

Natasha Roy 14 days ago

Dear Student, with this rank and your reserved category, it may be that you are able to get a chance at any of the NITs but you will have to wait for the cutoff list and then only anything...

Aneesh Sehgal 11 days ago

YOUR APPROX AIR WILL BE NEAR ABOUT 35000-4000 BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE. VISIT WEBSITE DAILY FOR LASTEST NEWS REGARDING JEE REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL 15 days ago
Sir, during first round allotment I got NIT Nagpur E&C. After reporting at reporting center, I have chosen slide option. Waiting for CS at NIT Nagpur. What is the further procedure? I...

Have you been allotted any branch? If yes, its a freezed option and mind you if once a branch has been allotted and got freezed there can be no change in it and there is no fun in waiting...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

just wait for second round

rakesh 10 months ago
hi sir i got 105 marks in jee mains with 97.5% in boards and i belong to obc category can i get seat in nit warangal under home state quota

hey student.. you can check the opening and closing rank for last two-three years for nit warangal, also you have state quota, so u can refer to that also.. all the best for your future..
  img
Sakshi 28 days ago

Hi Please follow the link. ​http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html
  img
Harsh Patodia 28 days ago
in mains most scoring topics or important one

At the time hours near to exam, scoring is important. Time for studying is before exams during two years.
  img
Abhishek Kumar one year ago

MATHS:CALUCLUS,PARABOLA AND ELLIPSE(CONICS),VECTOR AND 3D,COMPLEX NUMBERS PHYSICS:OPTICS,ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM CHEMISTRY:CO ORDINATION CHEMISTRY,ELECTROCHEMISTRY,QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS

VAISHNAVI BATHINA one year ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off