I've just finished my 10th and im going for iit coaching.....so please suggest how to get started with the IITJEE preperation and how should I plan my time table

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Since you have already completed your 10th so this is the right time you have chosen to start off with the IIT-JEE preparation which is only best after you are done with your 10th exams and procedd to 11th grade i.e.in the annual holidays of 10th standard; this is the right time to think about the IIT-JEE preparation; if one ought to take up the examination with serious objectives.

It’s wise to use the holidays, or free times, as such opportunities would not be available in the later stages; one could do research about the exam preparations; collect the sample question papers from previous years examinations; could even create a network of seniors, friends, successful winners of this examination, as it would help the person to discuss about the exam and the modes to win the same! As the IIT-JEE question paper comprises objective type questions from the subjects mathematics, chemistry and physics, it is vivid that time is the major constraint to solve the question paper. Some significant tips on the exam preparations are listed here:

• Plan a schedule every day, while preparing for the exam.

• As the questions fall into the category of aptitude type, it is important to prepare according to the aptitude type questions; it involves problem solving capability and it may not be the same as the board exam questions.

• Try to solve, as many sample questions, as possible (from previous years exams).

• Allot time for each and every question; it is advisable to prepare for the exams in the same way.

• Do not avoid any chapters; even, if you cannot cover the entire syllabus, it is advisable to have a clear understanding of all the chapters in the subject.

• Learn the easy methods and the shortcut procedures of problem solving, as it would help in saving the time and energy.

• It is inevitable to frame a strategy to solve any question in any subject.

• Select the best coaching centre to undergo the preparation.

• Group discussions and knowledge sharing processes would lead to great results; by doing this you would come to different kind of easy methods (from your friends), procedures and strategies to solve the problem.

• It is really important to make yourself ready for the worst scenario. For example, if you are getting struck in the middle of the exam, you must know to resume back to the normal position, easily.

• Avoid getting over exited; stay calm and focused.

• Create a positive ambiance around you; this would help you in keeping up your momentum, all the time.

• Try to have a balanced life; sound sleep; proper food at proper time; exercising to stay active…

• Plan earlier; avoid last minute preparation, as such practice doesn’t help at the time of examination.

The most significant thing required to pursue this preparation is ‘attitude’ and ‘capability’ to manage other things around. The attitude frames the basic quality, which means, if you have a positive and energetic attitude, then that would in turn frame your capability to manage lot of things at a time. This is important; as 60% of 12th board examination is the minimum aggregate expected from the general category students, hence one’s academics (12thstandard) also plays a major role in this. Thus the quality of managing both academics and the entrance examinations (IIT-JEE) effectively is the key line of successful stories in IIT-JEE exams!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how can i prefer for tht exam?

Please ask complete question...
  img
Amit Shekhar 3 months ago

Please give a complete question http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/how-to-prepare-for-iit-jee.html...
  img
Amit Shekhar 3 months ago
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 2 months ago
the most important reactions n mechanisms in aldehydes n ketones for jee!!??

etard reaction, friedel crafts acylation, wolff kishner reduction, fehlings test tollens test, aldol, cross aldol codensation, schmidts...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago
IWANT FREE IIT ONLINE CLASSES ON CHEMISTRY,MATHS,PHYSICS. SO PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS. IF THERE IS ANY CLASS PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER. 09849006590 THANKYOU

HI Hiren You can access only some free material online ..AskIItians also provide free online materials. But if you want completly free online classes .then there is no such classes...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
Sir , i got 215 in IIT mains exam and scored 95% in 12 th cbse .in IIT advance i just have 127 marks.what can approximately be my rank?? (i am of general category)

Your expected rank is 7500-8000 in JEE Main. You may get a decent NIT with this rank. However, as your JEE Advance marks are so less, you will just be able to clear the cutoff i think....
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago

Hi Shikha, Seeing your marks you can expect mains rank between 1000-2000. With advanced marks your rank will be beyond 15,000. You can still join best NITs. Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar,...
  img
Arun Kumar 6 months ago

Is it Bihar Intermediate Education? Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty

Arun Kumar 6 months ago
how to prepare for aieee in 3 months

Hi, The time and the quality of preparation are inversely proportional to each other. So, you can prepare for aieee in 3 months, but the quality would not be that good. In such a short time,...
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago

Hi Student, There is no more AIEEE exam. Baseed on your rank in IIT Jee you will be alloted a seat in...
  img
Harishwar one month ago
View all Questions »