Hello Sir,

I am currently finishng Class X. In the NCERT Class X syllabus the first 5 chapters focus on Chemistry. I worked on those 5 chapters, however, I have not completed all of them. I looked at the syllabus for Class XI NCERT, and they basically explained everything from the beginning. I was wondering if it is important for me to focus very strongly on the Class X syllabus, or can I just start of with Class XI Chemistry NCERT Book?

I plan to finish all the NCERT books and then get some recommended books to further strengthen my concepts.

Would be grateful for your advice.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear kaler ,

In class XI , there is a repetetion of the basics in the first 3 chapters and then some detailed concepts are also introduced.

However it would be very good if you have your basics right for IIT-JEE, if your basics aren't that strong , build on them in class XI by doing the starting chapters thorougly, or class XI will be a lot of stress for you to study chemistry , from class X's 5 chemistry chapters , there is a sudden change to 16 chemistry chapters alone in class XI .

anyway , it is a challenge to face.

BEST OF LUCK

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
hello sir ….. i m a student of 10+2 non medical i want to crack IIT 2015......can u give me some tips?

If you want to crack JEE 2015, then you should have proper time management skills, i.e. you need work efficiently. Give proper time to each topic and to each subject. Don’t prioritise...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
how many marks i have to score in jee advanced to qualyfie for iit bombay mach. engg. in ge category..???? GENREL

IIT Bombay Mechanical Engineering 2013 Opening Rank:24Closing Rank: 477 (GE) Hence, taking into consideration a minor shift in the opening and closing ranks for 2014, its safe to say that...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 days ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 6 days ago
I am getting 150 in adv gen cat. Are all doors of iit’s closed for me?

Not exactly.. you would get a branch that you wouldnt want to take.. students generally prefer cse mech ee in other colleges than these branches in IIT as you have to deal with your branch...
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

Also please consider the fact that thia year’s ppr was very diffficult(as per institutes).

gunjan 3 months ago

Chances of upgrade as answered in above questions?

gunjan 3 months ago
Please give me some guidance about Geographic Information System and some refference website link related to the topic. I need it for preparing my seminar..

Geographic Information System A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically...

Hrishant Goswami 5 years ago
Sir , i got 215 in IIT mains exam and scored 95% in 12 th cbse .in IIT advance i just have 127 marks.what can approximately be my rank?? (i am of general category)

Your expected rank is 7500-8000 in JEE Main. You may get a decent NIT with this rank. However, as your JEE Advance marks are so less, you will just be able to clear the cutoff i think....
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

Hi Shikha, Seeing your marks you can expect mains rank between 1000-2000. With advanced marks your rank will be beyond 15,000. You can still join best NITs. Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar,...
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago

Is it Bihar Intermediate Education? Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty

Arun Kumar 3 months ago
View all Questions »