Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

how we can find incentre if the incircle is made by x,y axis and a line having intercepts a and b as  a/x+b/y = 1.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

given equation has intercept a and b. The angular bisector of O is y=x

the angular bisector of of other vertex has slope equal to tan(180 - (1/2)tan^-1 (b/a)) let us call this as m

and this passes through a,0 and equation is y = mx - ma

put x=y in the equation

=> incentre = x,y = -ma/1-m,-ma/1-m

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

where to go for giving iit exam and is there any entrance fee

HI ROHIT FOR GIVING IIT EXAM YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS YOU HAVE TO FILL AN ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THIS EXAM. THIS APPLICATION CAN BE FILLED DURING DECEMBER OR JANUARY DURING FILLING OF ...

SAHIL 7 days ago

@ rohit Yes , there are some examination fee , frst of all u have to attempt jee main . jee main is happening in 2 modes – online and offline , for general the fee is 1000 for offline and...

Umakant biswal 7 days ago
I​ got a a new mark sheet from board after re-evaluation few weeks before jeemain result but still cbseresults.nic.in continues to display previous result .even I doubt my jeemain rank...

@ akshya This is a very harsh condition . ryt now what u can do is to send a mail to the cbse , that in the website , my previous marks are showing .. beacuse the error occured at the cbse...

Umakant biswal 25 days ago
which one is easy to crack in first go......... jee main or advanced

jee main is easy to crack in first go.because it is easy if you do smart work and hard...

raj 4 months ago

J . E . E MAINS is easy to crack in one go.you can even crack JEE adv. in one go but its very rare to do so.NN

RIYAZSHAIK 4 months ago

J . E . E MAINS is easy to crack in one go. you can even crack JEE adv. in one go but its very rare to do so.

anemous 5 months ago
is co-ordinate geometry the most easy and scoing topic in iit jee which also has huge weightage?

Hello Student, Yes! that’s correct. IIT JEE paper contains almost 30% questions from these topic and it is very simple if you understand basics. so, in short very simple.Very Scoring!!...
  img
Nishant Vora one year ago

Be sure with ur formulas and think on solving the problem

Raghavendran Ganesh one year ago
what are the marks needed for getting a seat in any iit in jee advanced exam.Which book would you prefer for physics for reference

@ yashwanth For getting a seat in any one of the iit , u need to score at least 50 percent of the total marks , if you are a general candidate , and if any type of catagory will be attached ...

Umakant biswal 21 days ago
I passed my class 12 in 2014. I dropped a year and got CS+MBA(dual degree) in Thapar University, Patiala in 2015. I did not want to do MBA from Thapar and I gave JEE Mains in 2016 as well....

Do you think that you still have chances to continue as you have stated that you dropped a yesr? Secondly you are hopeful to get a seat in CS 4yr, and on the other hand you said about DTU...

Aneesh Sehgal 16 days ago

better to join iit.its best.dony miss the chance brother.if you are sure about ur seat in iit.then go for it.all the very best

Piyush Peeyush 17 days ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off