There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

plz give me tip for appearing iit-jee 2012 and how to prepare for it in a year to getting AIR rank

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. Students are fresh after the break after boards and a lot more can be learnt. Students who start late often end up leaving some key topics of 11th class JEE syllabus. Also, if you start your preparation in 12th class then the amount of hard work is increased manifold due to additional pressure of 12th boards, so chances of getting a high rank in JEE are decreased. There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn't get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

The first two or three months should be spent in revising your basic concepts (topics like algebra, mecanics) which had been taught in 9th class. Concepts in topics like algebra, mechanics and stoichiometry should be studied in great detail as they also form the basis for other topics and are very scoring. There should be no doubt in your mind about these concepts. For these, develop the habit of inquisition. Clear all your doubts so that mentally you feel confident tackling any concept. A key in this area is problem-solving. Regular problem solving not only strengthens the concepts, but also increases your mental sharpness which is must for JEE.Initially problems of low level should be tried and only when you have mastered them, you should go on to solving intricate JEE type problems. You should have systematic plan for the preparation of JEE. Regular hours should be allotted to mastering concepts and problem-solving. It is not necessary to memorise the lessons and formulae. Understand the derivations of formulae and apply the formulae to solving problems. Slowly these formulae will settle down in your brain and you will be able to recall them under any situation. What is required is a clear understanding and an easy familiarity with the concepts and laws. Maximum attention should be paid to solving problems.Try to be analytical rather than being intutive. Remember that hardwork pays! You should first take up a problem and try to solve it yourself. You should understand what is given and what is required, recall what principles, laws, equations are involved. Don't hurry to see the solution as I doesn't help you to learn. Only when you've pondered over it over a long time and unable to see any light, should you see the solutions. You would be insulting yourself and seriously hurting your chances of success if you skip these problems or make half-hearted attempts in solving them. An other very important aspect of your JEE preparation will be the coaching institute, whose importance and selection procedure will be delved into in the next section.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I will be appearing for iit jee in 2018. Which lessons should I study this year in 11 th and which books should I prefer?
@ RADHIKA all the chapters which are there in ncert are vital for jee prep. so, make a coverage of all the chapter that are in the ncert syllabus , and if u will be in cbse syllabus , then...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
please visit the below mentioned link to check syllabus thanks and approve my answer post for further queries thanks again
SAHIL 2 months ago
which book should we prefere for trignonmetry for 11 th and 12 th other than R D sharma?
@ drumil Kindly mention for what purpose – board and school level or entrance level . If entrance then , frst of all ncert is most important for jee mains , after that u can go with...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
you should prefer complete course iit mathematics of tata mc graw hill publishers. not only for trignometry it is overall a best book for iit jee advanced preparations regards sahil
SAHIL 3 months ago
i belong to a.p state board our 12th marksheet contains aggregate out of 1000 but the board cut off are given out of 500 how are marks reduced to 500 for board which gave toral marks out of ...
Hii It is defined by the JEE MAIN guys that how they will be doing the conversion of 1000 marks to 500.Its just a scaling down by unitary method and the cutoff for top 20 percentile is given...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
SAHIL 2 months ago
sir can you please explain me how i have 799/1000 will i be elibile for admissions to admission to iit,nit in 2017
sourabh 2 months ago
i am expecting a rank of 8200 in iit jee 2016. which branch & college may i expect
Dear student, you may check the availability of branch and college at official website of an IIT or by following the link of askiitians and if you ge a seat there, well and good or else let ...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
please refer to the link thanks and approve my answer
SAHIL 4 months ago
I am left with almost 8 months for my aipmt and aiims exam....please provide me a proper strategy and tips for preparation......
Hey, Please prepare a plan for yourself and set the targets objectively. Your target should be according to number of chapters and not according to number of hrs. And try to meet your target...
Nishant Vora one month ago
@ vatsala in the left months u have to do the following things 1- frst of all read ncert if u have missed that for any chapters ( 11 th + 12 th ) , beacuse the assertion and reason question ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Sir can u please tell which book is better for physical chemistry, n avasthi or rc mucherjee or ranjeet shahi
@ aryan it depsnds on which exam u are preparing for , if jee , then u require ranjeet shahi , beacuse in jee u will have theory portion in inorganic only , rest all u have to apply formula ...
2017 years ago
Sir iIam preparing for iitjee. So hwz n avasthi as compared to ranjeet shahi. Also if rc mukherjee is good for iit preparation.
2 days ago
@aryan if you are jee aspirants then go with ranjeet shahi and p bahadur , these are complete book for mains and advanced . n awasthi will not give u a good rank in advanced .,
What`s the difference between rc mucherjee and ranjeet shahi for physical chemistry for iitjee preparation
@ aryan as far as r c mukherjee is concerned , it will deal with the theory part only , and also it have numericals , but that is not sufficient and complicated enough to deal with the...
Thanks sir iIwould definitely buy ranjeet shahi... If any other information is needed I would definitely ask u..
Sir iujust saw on ur website the best books for physical chemistry but there there are many books that you have given more rating than ranjeet shahi, why?
Sir waiting for your reply.................................. ........................ ...... ................
18 hours ago
yes , i told u before there are many books avaliable better than ranjeet shahi , . even p bahadur is considered best than ranjeet shahi. but u told me to compare between r c mukherjee and...
15 hours ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts