sir,

my air is 7927. i was not alloted a seat in any of the institute . the jee site displayed that i will be considered in second round for seat allocation. i did not fill choices of my rank in the choice sheet.do i have any chance in second round?

will they be using same choice sheet ?

what about the vacant seats of GEN category after second round?

please advise!

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

hi rahul,

in ur case i will advise u to call at ur regional centre of iit n ask d responsible person abt 2nd counselling whether u hav to fill a fresh choice sheet or u r considered on d basis of ur 1st counselling choice sheet.....also i wanna add dat der is very little probability dat u may get a gud branch in 2nd counselling,i think u will get only new iits which wud n't be a gud option so if u can go for aieee colleges den dat wud be better......

Regarding ur query abt d vacant seats , dey r filled by d students of d reserved category who hav done a one year preparatory course at d iit itself based on  a selection test n der cut-offs r quite low,dey just do dis so dat seats got filled , dey don't think of decrease in standards....

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 months ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 months ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 4 months ago
i have got a seat in iit roorkee and paid the fee in the frst round of seat allocation. i have to inform to iit roorkee for my admission. but due to some reasons i cannot go to roorkee. the...

JEE office in Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285224, 284272 U.G. Admission Contact No. +91-1332-284289, 285200 Registrar IIT Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285311 The above are the means by...
  img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago

i tried to contact them but the phones sometimes were busy and sometimes it doesn’t connect. can i try a letter to the chairman of jee advanced for refund. they have specified they wont give...

ranganath 6 months ago
sir, Can you please tell me how to apply for tensors 2014,

Hello Student, Go to the website tensor.in and follow the instructions. We at askiitians also have a full fledge testseries providibg you a set of full styllabus test for both jee mains and...
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago

Visit our website to buy all india test-series provided by askiitians:- http://www.askiitians.com/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?packageID=17 Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago

sir how can i attend the full test series of ask iitians

AJAY PILLAI K 4 months ago
sir,The closing rank in nit suratkal was 7892 for obc (otherstate) category.Is the rank mentioned here the AIR general rank or AIR category rank of the obc student ?

Hi, According to the data that you provided in the question, this is the Category rank for OBC students. For further information see the information broschure for the JEE Mains. Here is the...
  img
Yash Baheti 6 months ago

sir,everywhere it is written that the AIR will be used.But I am confused whether it is the AIR(general) or AIR(category) ?

Aku Anil 6 months ago
If the point (at^2 , 2at ) be exttemity of focal chord of parabola y^2 = 4ax then show length of focalchord is a(t + 1/t^2)

Hi, Find out the equation of focal chord as it passes through point (at^2 , 2at ) and (a,0) which is the focus. Now if this line cuts the curve again than let that point be (at1^2 , 2at1)....
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

Hi Student, If one of the extremities is P(at^2 , 2at ) Then for focal chord we have this relation t 1 t 2 = -1 So the other extremity will be Q Now apply distance formula to find out the...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
what is the difference between enthalpy and latent heat??? are they same??

Enthalpy and latent heat are simply related. The latent heat of va- porization Lv is defined as the difference in enthalpy between a fixed mass of vapor and the same mass of liquid. That is...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 months ago

Enthalpy and latent heat are simply related. The latent heat of va- porization Lv is defined as the difference in enthalpy between a fixed mass of vapor and the same mass of liquid. That is...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 months ago
View all Questions »