i wanted to know how is the pattern of negative marking for multiple correct choice type questions, since the pattern of iit is not uniform if there is negative marking for such questions most probably, how will it be? thank you.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear madiha,

IIT JEE 2009 Paper 1

Total marks = 240

Total no. of question = 60

Physics = 20

Chemistry = 20

Mathematics = 20

Q. No.

Type of Questions

Marking Scheme

Remarks

1-8 section 1

Single Answer

3 : 1

3 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

9-12 section 2

Multiple Answer

4 : 1

4 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

13-18 section 3

Comprehension Based

19-20 section 4

Matrix Match Type

2 Marks for Each Row

Each question has 4 rows, 8 marks for each question, no negative marking

IIT JEE 2009 Paper 2

Total marks = 240

Total no. of question = 57

Physics = 19

Chemistry = 19

Mathematics = 19

Q. No.

Type of Questions

Marking Scheme

Remarks

1-4 section1

Single Answer

3 : 1

3 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

5-9 section2

Multiple Answer

10-11 section3

Matrix Match

2 marks for each row

Each question has 4 rows, hence 8 marks for the question, no negative marking

12-19 section4

Single Digit answer type without choice

4:1

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

4 years ago

Thank u so much!!!

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
|z|

sir i appeard 10 grade in 2013 due to some reasons i discontinued this year and now im gonna write my 12 and iit paper in 2016 will make any difference !!

img
Aziz Alam one month ago

SIR I COULDNT GET GOOD MARKS IN 10 I GOT AROUND 60% AM I ELLIGIBLE TI WRITE olimpids,bitsat,kvpy

vignesh one month ago
27. A wind-powered generator converts wind energy into electrical energy. Assume that the generator converts a fixed fraction of the wind energy intercepted by its blades into electrical...

MATHEMATICAL MODEL The following table shows the definition of variousvariables used in this model: E = Kinetic Energy(J) ρ = Density(kg/m3) m = Mass (kg) A = Swept Area(m 2 ) v = Wind...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago
its the end of october and now i have only 3 -4 months left for 12 boards and jee main ….I m really scared ...please tell me how to prepare myself in the remaining time.I have to get 95% +...

Hi, If you have taken coaching from class 11 itself. Then, focus on the revision of notes and solve test papers to see where you stand. But, don’t ignore your board exams as well....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 29 days ago

Hi, Please don’t be nervous. Do your best, make study plan. Now, focus on your boards. Try the entrance exams next year....
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago

sir i m taking a coaching for iit jee main + advanced from class 11 itself but now i feel scared ...

sarthak one month ago
respeected sir, i wanted to know my opprtunities for admission.i have got 303 in BITSAT-2014 and in the first iteration i am placed in the waiting list.sir i have even applied for chemical...

Dont worry since the cutoffs vary from year to year, So it not possible to predict exactly which branch you will get this time. But as per your rank you will get chemical at BITs...
  img
Ramreddy 4 months ago
sir I was in EML this year.Now I wamt to reappear.Please suggest me a correspondence course

Hi Shubham, You can opt for the FIITJEE or Brilliant. And You can utilize the Packages and services provided by askiitians.com All the Best

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar 5 years ago
Is the MTG objective zoology and botany enough for appearing for AIIMs exams ?? Bio..

Hi Dear Student One book is never sufficient to prepare for any competative examination that too like AIIMS or AIPMT so you should consider other objective as well as complete refreence...
  img
Komal Zutshi 2 months ago
View all Questions »