i wanted to know how is the pattern of negative marking for multiple correct choice type questions, since the pattern of iit is not uniform if there is negative marking for such questions most probably, how will it be? thank you.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear madiha,

IIT JEE 2009 Paper 1

Total marks = 240

Total no. of question = 60

Physics = 20

Chemistry = 20

Mathematics = 20

Q. No.

Type of Questions

Marking Scheme

Remarks

1-8 section 1

Single Answer

3 : 1

3 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

9-12 section 2

Multiple Answer

4 : 1

4 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

13-18 section 3

Comprehension Based

19-20 section 4

Matrix Match Type

2 Marks for Each Row

Each question has 4 rows, 8 marks for each question, no negative marking

IIT JEE 2009 Paper 2

Total marks = 240

Total no. of question = 57

Physics = 19

Chemistry = 19

Mathematics = 19

Q. No.

Type of Questions

Marking Scheme

Remarks

1-4 section1

Single Answer

3 : 1

3 marks for correct response, –1 for wrong

5-9 section2

Multiple Answer

10-11 section3

Matrix Match

2 marks for each row

Each question has 4 rows, hence 8 marks for the question, no negative marking

12-19 section4

Single Digit answer type without choice

4:1

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

4 years ago

Thank u so much!!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i have got a seat in iit roorkee and paid the fee in the frst round of seat allocation. i have to inform to iit roorkee for my admission. but due to some reasons i cannot go to roorkee. the...

JEE office in Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285224, 284272 U.G. Admission Contact No. +91-1332-284289, 285200 Registrar IIT Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285311 The above are the means by...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago

i tried to contact them but the phones sometimes were busy and sometimes it doesn’t connect. can i try a letter to the chairman of jee advanced for refund. they have specified they wont give...

ranganath 3 months ago
Sir What is rules for branch change in IIT kharagpur? how many students can change the branch? Is there any reservation criteria ?

I am attaching you the file regarding the branch change terms and conditions. There are many clauses attached with branch change that can effect the comfortable branch change process in IIT...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
is optandon for – physical chemistry morrison and boyd for – organic chemistry ml khanna for- mathematics hc verma for – physics

dear student http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article you will find all the good books mentioned , it will be very helpful for you.
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
What are Important chapters of inorganic chemistry

Classification of element and periodicity in properties General principals and processes of isolation of metals Hydrogen Block elements( Alkali and Alkaline earth metal) Block elements,d and...
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 5 months ago
my bits score is 280 and i stil remain in waiting list. do i hav any chance to get any program in any campus??

Hi, You have to see last years opening and cloasing rank to get a better idea. There is a possibility that you get an M.Sc course at Pilani campus. You can get B.E at other campuses very...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago
Sir Manipal exam for mbbs occurs online in different sessions everyday so, is the questions same in all the different sessions and days of the online exam? If not so then how is the book...

The questions are not same. They have a large bank of questions and the program randonly picke the questions on the day of the examination.Different books compile the papers from various...
  img
Aziz Alam 10 days ago
View all Questions »