Use Coupon: CART10 and get 10% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

A block of mass 0.50 kg is moving with a speed of 2.00 m/s on a smooth surface. It strikes another mass of 1.00 kg and then they move together as a single body. The energy loss during the collision is

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear vipin

doing conservation of momentum

new  v = 0.5*2/1+0.5

= 1/1.5 =2/3

energy loss = k.e final-k.e initila

= 0.5(1.5*(0.66*0.66) - 0.5*2*2)

= -0.6666

therefore energyloss = 0.6666n-m

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian

5 years ago

Dear Vipin,

We know that momentum should be conserved

gives 0.5*2 = (1+0.5)*v

where v i the velocity of entire mass system moving after collision...

v=(1/1.5) m/s

energy lost = kinetic energy of the system before collision - kinetic energy of the system aftr collision

= 1/2*0.5*22 -1/2* 1.5 *(1/1.5)2

=0.6667 Joules

All the best for IITJEE preparation,

With Regards,

Adapa Bharath

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

i want help and guidance on how to study for jee mains 2016 as i am a dropper this year and do not want to join coaching classes . need assistance to know how to get about 200 marks in jee...
Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
Hi, the main ingredient for success is discipline. It requires discipline to study systematically and sincerely. There are a variety of brilliant reference books you can use. Math – McGraw...
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 2 months ago
I will be appearing for IITJEE-2016. I am very good at the concepts. But I am too slow. Any suggestions? How can I improve my speed?
Dear student, Please try to solve as many as questions as possible. By this definetly your speed will increase. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
the only way to improve your speed is by lots of practice and have one thing in mind and never think that your concepts are strong ther are many students whose concepts are upto msc level...
Prajwal Kavad 3 months ago
Dear Student, You can refer Dr. Gorakh Prasad and S. L. Loney for Coordinate Geometry. These are good books. Also please visit our website for complete list of books to be refered. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
SL LONEY (arihant) the elements of coordinate geometry. RD SHARMA also
RAJEEV R 2 months ago
what are mark scoring topics in iit
iit is application based exam and there is not such like topics for scoring nothing can be said about exam so must cover all topics to get good score dont leave any topics , and u can get...
ng29 3 months ago
coming 131 in jee adv 2015 ...i amfrom SC catagory ...any chances to get into iits??
You can compare your predicticted rank with last years cutoffs . link for rank predictor is
Abhinav 4 months ago
It can be finalised after checking the cutoff list of IIT, it seems like you may make it; as last year the IIT cutoff list for Sc was 80 on wards, but nothing can be surely said just on the ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
u can get a good branch like mech in iit guwahati,and its for sure that u will get a good course in new IIT’s
Prajwal Kavad 4 months ago
how much min marks are required to get a seat in jamia hamdard mbbs admission
Candidates will be shortlisted for Jamia Hamdard 2015 counselling on the basis of AIPMT 2015 score. Admission to the Hamdard Institute for Medical Science and Research (HIMSR) MBBS course...
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details