ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A block of mass 0.50 kg is moving with a speed of 2.00 m/s on a smooth surface. It strikes another mass of 1.00 kg and then they move together as a single body. The energy loss during the collision is

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear vipin

doing conservation of momentum

new  v = 0.5*2/1+0.5

= 1/1.5 =2/3

energy loss = k.e final-k.e initila

= 0.5(1.5*(0.66*0.66) - 0.5*2*2)

= -0.6666

therefore energyloss = 0.6666n-m

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian

4 years ago

Dear Vipin,

We know that momentum should be conserved

gives 0.5*2 = (1+0.5)*v

where v i the velocity of entire mass system moving after collision...

v=(1/1.5) m/s

energy lost = kinetic energy of the system before collision - kinetic energy of the system aftr collision

= 1/2*0.5*22 -1/2* 1.5 *(1/1.5)2

=0.6667 Joules

All the best for IITJEE preparation,

With Regards,

Adapa Bharath

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I passed class 12 th in 2014 cbse, and i attempted jee mains without giving jee Advanced cos i took up any coaching., I got 180 in mains but i left the seat and took a drop for an attempt...

Yes you are eligible to give and this will be ur last chance. Criterion 3 – Number of attempts. A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in...
  img
Avinash 13 days ago

Plz approve if you are satisfied with the answer. All the best.
  img
Avinash 11 days ago

img
Avinash 8 days ago
i got 54 marks in jee mains and i belongs to SC category. with 84.1% in andhra pradesh board. is there any chance to get seat in ANY NIT’S OR IIIT’S

No you have no chance to get in NIT.
  img
Avinash 11 days ago

You should better try at reputed private colleges/universities as there are many renowned institutions which have earned huge regard, name and fame in the field of qualiy education as well...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 7 days ago

any chance IIIT or govt college.

srikanth 7 days ago
hello sir, i had used your jee mains rank pedictor tool an it had show me a rank of 71956 and of sc 4356 so can i expect dtu or nsit further having a home state delhi quota and also plz...

Dear Student, Now I think results are already out and you must have received your scorecard so you can check ur exact rank in india and ur state.
  img
Nishant Vora 7 days ago

Is your AIR and State rank not mentioned in your score card?
  img
Nishant Vora 6 days ago

You may expect to get in DTU
  img
Avinash 6 days ago
What are future aspects with Chemical engineering?

Students will be exposed to chemicals, polymers, petroleum, pharmaceuticals along with computer and information technology for the development of chemical engineering processes. There are...
  img
Avinash 7 days ago
Why opposite charges attract each other

I am not totally sure, but I think that it's a give and take situation where the interaction (being in each other's proximity) forces one pole to 'give up' a number of electrons to get into ...

Monarch 2 months ago

Fundamental property is not required complete explanation is required

Monarch 2 months ago

IF is the Fundamental Property of nature, it is fact.

shubham sharda 2 months ago
I wanted to know which is the topmost college { in placement wise n also ranking wise} in IIT’S as well as NIT’s !!

Top NIT”s are 1 warangal 2 Tiruchirapalli-Tamil Nadu 3 Suratkal , Mangalore 4 Delhi 5 Allahabad top IITs are Kanpur. New Delhi. There are many universities which provide you excellent...

abhinaipadachuru 12 days ago

iit bombay is one if the top college also had a goog ranking in the world and nit warangal ….….. if you satisfy with my answer so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 12 days ago

top IITs are Kanpur. New Delhi. mumbai Top NIT”s are 1 warangal 2 Tiruchirapalli-Tamil Nadu 3 Suratkal , Mangalore 4 Delhi 5 Allahabad

sajid 9 days ago
View all Questions »