I did not write IIT exam coz i missed to get the form. I also screwed up in my 12th and aieee due to lotta mental problems coz my mom passed away 2 months before the exam and this was really disturbing. Infact she was sick for 7 months and i visited her everyday after tutions.. OK leave that aside.

I wrote aieee and got 82 marks.. yea its low but its ok mark when u consider that u got it without stuying much. I have got admission in saranathan college in my own city thru management quota but also have applied for the aieee counselling thing coz i have a feeling that i might get lucky and get NIT in my city (Trichy only coz my dad says i cant study outside else my sister might feel lonely). I am smart guy when it comes to maths, physics and computers and am better in thinking than in memorizing. I am wondering if i should goto my college as well as give IIT and aieee another shot. I mean i'm gonna learn the same C, java and other programming languages in college so should i also spend some time to study for these exams daily. Whats big about the IIT anywayz? What is the advantage of joining IIT? How will it be better than my current college. I would be happy if i got NIT but still i keep wondering about a retry for these competitive exams. Please answer my question. Thanks in advance.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do a rigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do arigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi, I am preparing for JEE 2016.But I don't get time for studies as going to college and coaching takes much of my time.Please suggest me how to study ,how to manage time and how to avoid...

Hii Seven Steps for effective Time Management Organize:- Have an organized work place Maintain a proper planner for study Plan out your daily activity based on their importance level...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Hii Thanks for your equivocating response. It’s appreciated . Keep on posting for more queries and we will revert back to you promptly in this manner. Thanks n Best of Luck. . . . . .....
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Thankyou Sir for your invaluable advice.....

Sachin Kamath one month ago
d.c.pandey or h.c.verma or b.m.sharma is best for both mains&advance 2015 plzzzzz help

yes hc verma so nice book for IIT-JEE and dc pandey also very nice book ...both book give level of JEE Mains ques as well as Jee advance …. Best of Luck!!!

Soumya Sen one month ago

yes

Soumya Sen one month ago
300 ml of a gaseous hydrocarbon when burnt in excess of O 2 gave 2.4 lit. of CO 2 and 2.7 lit. of water vapour under same condition. The molecular formula of hydrocarbon is :– (1) C 4 H 8...

The balenced equation can be given as: CnHm...+(n+m/4)O2............>nCO2.....+(m/2)H2O 300ml..........excess.................0..............0........
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 days ago
hello Sir, I am a B.Tech student from cse steam and I have selected in a good multinational company and I am willing to write GATE 2010.Most of my friends suggested me to opt for the job as...

If you are from IIT then there is not write any gate exam and M Tech will not be a good choice. because after M Tech fron any IIT , the salary difference will be 5 to 8K@month only. and that...

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R 4 years ago
which the best book for aipmt preparations which has all the subject combined in one book and is the latest addition.it should also have solutions and be combined for pcb.

There is no best book for AIPMT which has all the subject combined in one book. The only way to crack AIPMT is to study thoroughly. It is also important to note that since AIPMT remains one...
  img
Raheema Javed 4 days ago

Hello student, you can consult these books --> 1. Physics: Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal Concept of Competition Physics for...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 4 days ago
my rank is 3881 in iit 2014 which branch should I chose for CSE?

Hi Shree, Congrats! You have chances of getting CSE at ISM Dhanbad, IIT Mandi, IIT Patna & IIT Bhubaneswar. Your preference should be ISM Dhanbad > IIT Mandi > IIT Bhubaneswar >...
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago

You may not be able to get cse with this rank, i think you should go for some good NIT. sher mohammad faculty askiitians b.tech, iit delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago
View all Questions »