I did not write IIT exam coz i missed to get the form. I also screwed up in my 12th and aieee due to lotta mental problems coz my mom passed away 2 months before the exam and this was really disturbing. Infact she was sick for 7 months and i visited her everyday after tutions.. OK leave that aside.

I wrote aieee and got 82 marks.. yea its low but its ok mark when u consider that u got it without stuying much. I have got admission in saranathan college in my own city thru management quota but also have applied for the aieee counselling thing coz i have a feeling that i might get lucky and get NIT in my city (Trichy only coz my dad says i cant study outside else my sister might feel lonely). I am smart guy when it comes to maths, physics and computers and am better in thinking than in memorizing. I am wondering if i should goto my college as well as give IIT and aieee another shot. I mean i'm gonna learn the same C, java and other programming languages in college so should i also spend some time to study for these exams daily. Whats big about the IIT anywayz? What is the advantage of joining IIT? How will it be better than my current college. I would be happy if i got NIT but still i keep wondering about a retry for these competitive exams. Please answer my question. Thanks in advance.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do a rigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do arigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
|z|

0my age is 19 and i m giving 12 th in state board exam next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

EE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria 1. Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects They must have studied any one of the...
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born on or after 1stOctober 1989. So for JEE 2015 you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e.,Born on or...
  img
Aziz Alam 4 months ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 2 months ago
Calculate % yield of the reaction if 200g KHCO3 produces 22g of Co2 upon strong heating.

2KHCO3.........>...........K2CO3.+...........CO2.+........H2O 200g....................................................22g According to the reaction, 2 moles ofKHCO3 should give 1 mole...
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago
Where CSE is better? NIT Warangal or COEP and if I get Mech at NITW also CSE with COEP then what should i choose?My likelihood ie CSE or good college ie NITW for Mech?

Undoubtedly NITW ia very good college for both mech and CSE. It is far better than COEP for CSE. But whether to take CSE in COEP or MECH in NITW depends on your interested branch and also...
  img
Ramreddy 4 months ago

Thank you so much but I wanna know if fee structure at NITW for MECH is less for SC candidates?

VINAY GEDAM 4 months ago
i wnat to know the chapter wise weightage of physics,chemistry and biology in aiims entrance exam so that i can excel ...please tell me as soon as possible

Exam preparation tips Smart study is the way to prepare - hours and hours of study aren't useful if they are unfocused or badly planned. Be thorough with basics in physics, chemistry and...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 26 days ago

This are for Biology, Chemistry and Physics respectively....

Saurabh Kumar 26 days ago
sir i want to know that which iit is best for b.tech in computer science ???????????

All IITs are best as per the branch. It depends on the rank which u get to get into an IIT. I can give you a rough estimate about the ranking ...as the trends change every year but roughly...

Ramesh V 5 years ago

It cant be said that which iit is best for computer science but one thing can be said that iit delhi has one of the most challenging curriculum and very good fascilities for engineering in...

AskiitianExpert Vinayak-iitd 5 years ago
View all Questions »