I did not write IIT exam coz i missed to get the form. I also screwed up in my 12th and aieee due to lotta mental problems coz my mom passed away 2 months before the exam and this was really disturbing. Infact she was sick for 7 months and i visited her everyday after tutions.. OK leave that aside.

I wrote aieee and got 82 marks.. yea its low but its ok mark when u consider that u got it without stuying much. I have got admission in saranathan college in my own city thru management quota but also have applied for the aieee counselling thing coz i have a feeling that i might get lucky and get NIT in my city (Trichy only coz my dad says i cant study outside else my sister might feel lonely). I am smart guy when it comes to maths, physics and computers and am better in thinking than in memorizing. I am wondering if i should goto my college as well as give IIT and aieee another shot. I mean i'm gonna learn the same C, java and other programming languages in college so should i also spend some time to study for these exams daily. Whats big about the IIT anywayz? What is the advantage of joining IIT? How will it be better than my current college. I would be happy if i got NIT but still i keep wondering about a retry for these competitive exams. Please answer my question. Thanks in advance.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do a rigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Dear Mohsin,

There is no doubt that IIT is brand name and always considered as the top name in Technical education and the main advantage of joining the IIT is the peer group .. u will spend your four years with the brillient minds of country .. this is the main reason everbody is crazy abt it .. But NITs are not far behind .. they comes jus after the IITs .. and also NIT are the institute of national imporatance .. NIT trichy is one the top three NIT so ll advise you to join NIT trichy, it has great reputation and very good placemnts as well as quality education...

So if you get the admission in top NITs then you shud join it without any second thought.. And if you dont get any then will advise you not to join any collage and drop a year and do arigorous preparation for IIT JEE and AIEEE as no other collage is comparable to old IITs and NITs. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how can i prefer for tht exam?

Please ask complete question...
  img
Amit Shekhar one month ago

Please give a complete question http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/how-to-prepare-for-iit-jee.html...
  img
Amit Shekhar one month ago
i am living in delhi and my parents are in maharashtra. can i make my local guardian in delhi to sign the declaration form on behalf of my parents???

hello dear student, Yes , your local gurdians can sign for you on behalf of your parents , as there is a option for gurdian or parnets sign, you can clafify with iit authorities further
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
fhghfg

Dear student, We have: Regards
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago
What is Object Oriented Programming

A type of programming in which programmers define not only the data type of a data structure, but also the types of operations (functions) that can be applied to the data structure. In this...
  img
Aditi Chauhan 5 years ago

Features of Object-Oriented Programming Languages Data encapsulation or data abstraction Data encapsulation, sometimes referred to as data hiding, is the mechanism whereby the implementation...

Ravi Sharma 5 years ago

The Main Feature of Object Oriented Programming are : Encapsulation: The term encapsulation is often used interchangeably with information hiding.Information hiding in computer science is...

Swati Kharodia 5 years ago
sir,The closing rank in nit suratkal was 7892 for obc (otherstate) category.Is the rank mentioned here the AIR general rank or AIR category rank of the obc student ?

Hi, According to the data that you provided in the question, this is the Category rank for OBC students. For further information see the information broschure for the JEE Mains. Here is the...
  img
Yash Baheti 3 months ago

sir,everywhere it is written that the AIR will be used.But I am confused whether it is the AIR(general) or AIR(category) ?

Aku Anil 3 months ago
Hi This year i have not been selected in IIT nd also not a good rank in aieee. so i have decided to drop this year. i started studying .i m very confused about physics as this has always...

Dear amandeep, if u were not selected this year there is not much to worry ,if u start studying from now sincerely it wont be that difficult to crack jee.as u mentioned physics has been ur...

askiitian expert akshay singh 5 years ago

NEVER EVER FEAR to do anything.. This is the first adn the foremost condition that you'll have to impose upon yourself.. This is a must.. You have to have a positive attitude towards your...

AskiitiansExpert Rohan 5 years ago

Hi The approach towards cracking JEE is studying the right topic in the right amount. I can suggest u some of the important topics , that would help u score higher if u get thorough with...

AskiitianExpert Shine 5 years ago
View all Questions »