Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

SEEING THE FACT THAT SEATS HAVE INCREASED IN IITS THIS YEAR WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT OF OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS OF VARIOUS IITS OLD AND NEW AND ITBHU AND ISM DHANBAD WOULD THEY BE LOWERED THAN PREVIOUS YEAR ???????????????BY HOW MUCH????????PLEASE REPLY SOON AS I HAVE TO FILL IN MY CHOICES......... 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Puneet

Given that seats have increased in almost every department, the closing rank should be a little lower than last year. The following trends will be observed though:

1) Old IITs will get filled first, the lower branches will also get preferred over the better branches in new IITs.

2) The opening ranks of new IITs will become better, as these IITs have now existed for a couple of years, hence an increasesd confidence in the students.

3) The opening ranks as well as the closing ranks of M.Sc courses and B_arch etc will go down as people have an aversion for these courses as they are not BTech. However, some of these departments have better placements than some of their BTech counterpart courses.

4) IT BHU and ISM Dhanbad will go down in preference further, as they do not give you the IIT Tag. Hence, the ranks will go further lower this year.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

How do I get interested in Chemistry? My performance in maths & physics is up to the mark. But chemistry always bores me. How to overcome my difficulty in the subject?

@ trisha Chemistry is actually a intresting subject , now , kindly mention the part which bores you more – physical , organic , or inorganic . Generally students feels organic due to its...

Umakant biswal 15 days ago

“INTEREST IS LOST ONLY WHEN UNDERSTANDING IS LOST” AND I THINK YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS SUBJECT . FOR THIS YOU SHOULD TRY TO UNDERSTAND CONCEPTS FIRST . TRY TO RELATE THINGS WITH...

SAHIL 15 days ago

As they have said above, you lose interest when you stop understanding whatever has been printed in the books. In such a scenario, imagine having an IITian who can chat with you live even...

Ankit 11 days ago
Which is thethe best study material to crack jeeadv ?

@ shuhai For jee advanced the main thing is your concept , without that its difficult for you to attempt even a single ques in jee advanced . beacuse the question in jee advanced is based...

Umakant biswal 12 days ago
will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered ...

Yaa!! they will be considered in both IIT JEE MAIN & ADVANCED RANKS so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to...

Riddhi Gupta 10 months ago

Yana they will be considered in both iitjee main and advanced so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to advanced...

Riddhi Gupta 10 months ago

12 th marks will be considered for only jee mains ranking and as a criteria for qualifying to write jee advanced(i.e. to get int top 20 percentile or to get 75% above marks).. but they...

Mohit Kumar 6 months ago
my jee paper 1 crl is 119858 And Obc Rank is 36,452 jee paper 2 crl is 28352 and obc rank is 8293 So According is this any nit , IIITs any Branch anything possible ? in further rounds ? i...

sorry but with this rank no good college like iit , nit is there. sorry for the statement if it hurts you. but you can try for other good private institutions like LPU,JALANDHAR CHRIST...

SAHIL 12 days ago
I get 180-190 marks in JEE mains 2 nd paper Architecuture. I am obc category and also get 95% marks in XII. please tell the which rank i got.

Dear student, Pls check ur rank using our rank calculator http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

hi sir please check cutoff marks then you will definitely get an idea about this.and login www.askiitians.com.

NARAYANA 3 months ago
prove that (1²×2²÷1!)+(2²×3²÷3!)+--- = 27e

I think that is wrong... And plz continue the equation for a little more next time Thanks Mohammed Askiitans Student

Mohammed Anas one year ago

n^4/n!+n^2/n!+2(n^3/n!) =15e+2e+2(5e)=27e

vamshiakena one year ago

n^4/n!+n^2/n!+2(n^3/n!) =15e+2e+2(5e)=27e

vamshiakena one year ago
View all Questions »

• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20