Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: FC20

SEEING THE FACT THAT SEATS HAVE INCREASED IN IITS THIS YEAR WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT OF OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS OF VARIOUS IITS OLD AND NEW AND ITBHU AND ISM DHANBAD WOULD THEY BE LOWERED THAN PREVIOUS YEAR ???????????????BY HOW MUCH????????PLEASE REPLY SOON AS I HAVE TO FILL IN MY CHOICES......... 

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Puneet

Given that seats have increased in almost every department, the closing rank should be a little lower than last year. The following trends will be observed though:

1) Old IITs will get filled first, the lower branches will also get preferred over the better branches in new IITs.

2) The opening ranks of new IITs will become better, as these IITs have now existed for a couple of years, hence an increasesd confidence in the students.

3) The opening ranks as well as the closing ranks of M.Sc courses and B_arch etc will go down as people have an aversion for these courses as they are not BTech. However, some of these departments have better placements than some of their BTech counterpart courses.

4) IT BHU and ISM Dhanbad will go down in preference further, as they do not give you the IIT Tag. Hence, the ranks will go further lower this year.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

i got 96 %in ipe sir with ref to previous question sir 56 jee marks and want to get seat in iit

have you qualified for ADVANCE.?? If yes , best of luck and if not you can’t be in IIT
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 days ago

Are you from General ?
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 days ago
jeemain 2 round counslling date 2015

Seat Allocation on 13 July,15. Please refer jee mains website for complete shedule. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

Counselling rounds are going own, the second round is on Tuesday- 13 july, keep an eye on the outcome, if you got it then nothing like that else try seeking admission at some other leading...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 9 months ago

13 th july 2015, round 2 counselling

Prajwal Kavad 9 months ago
i am getting 116 marks in jee main 2016 will i qualify for jee advanced 2016 are ther any bonus marks in the paper

Dear student, 1 or 2 questions are expected to get bonus this time in jee 2016. but final jee’s decision will be final on this not any one else. Your score is good enough to allow you...
  img
Nishant Vora 25 days ago

Yes you will get qualification for JEE ADVANCE
  img
Sourabh Singh 25 days ago

dear friend, if you get the 116 marks in jee main, you will definately qualify to the jee advanced.. Not only 116 , you got only 105 marks you will admitted to jee advanced, it is this year ...

mohan 25 days ago
What should I prefer, B.Tech in CSE or ECE from manipal university OR B.Tech in IT or ECE from govt. college of UP like kamla nehru institute, sultanpur and bundelkhand institute, jhansi

Go with CS, EC and IT at Kamla Nehru followed by Manipal Univ (CS and EC only)......‘ If you are getting CS at BIET Zhansi, then go for it otherwise....leave it Manipal is very costly,...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago

My suggestion for you is to be focused and to make up a single mind to be sure which interests you the most and where you can better excel.....secondly Manipal Uni and Jhansi Inst, both are ...

Soneel Verma 9 months ago

Presently I have got IT at BIET, Jhansi and hope to get ECE or IT at Kamla Nehru in further round of counseling

AKSHAY SHARMA 9 months ago
hi plz tell me wat is NSE and BSE stands for ?? and also wat is d difference b/w sensex and nifty? thanx in advance

National Stock Exchange The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), is a Mumbai-based stock exchange. It is the largest stock exchange in India and the third largest in the world in ...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago
which college will i got after scoring 34000 in jee main and 16000 in jee advanced . i belong to general category and uttarakhand student . is nit uk is good

Dear Student, Please visit the official website of jee mains and advanced for previous year opening and closing rank for different institutes. You will get the idea from there. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

NIT Uttrakhand is quite good but the question is you may crack in over there or not and to confirm it you need to visit the official weblink of Jeemains and Josaa as there only you may be...

Soneel Verma 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off