Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

SEEING THE FACT THAT SEATS HAVE INCREASED IN IITS THIS YEAR WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT OF OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS OF VARIOUS IITS OLD AND NEW AND ITBHU AND ISM DHANBAD WOULD THEY BE LOWERED THAN PREVIOUS YEAR ???????????????BY HOW MUCH????????PLEASE REPLY SOON AS I HAVE TO FILL IN MY CHOICES......... 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Puneet

Given that seats have increased in almost every department, the closing rank should be a little lower than last year. The following trends will be observed though:

1) Old IITs will get filled first, the lower branches will also get preferred over the better branches in new IITs.

2) The opening ranks of new IITs will become better, as these IITs have now existed for a couple of years, hence an increasesd confidence in the students.

3) The opening ranks as well as the closing ranks of M.Sc courses and B_arch etc will go down as people have an aversion for these courses as they are not BTech. However, some of these departments have better placements than some of their BTech counterpart courses.

4) IT BHU and ISM Dhanbad will go down in preference further, as they do not give you the IIT Tag. Hence, the ranks will go further lower this year.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Sir, is it fine if we read according to the weight-age give on the internet??? As we are not having much time to read all the topics properly!

You can refer to self study packages made by askIITians in which you should see study planner which will definitely help you preparing startegically....
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

It depends on your preparation. For complete benefit complete thing is recommended.
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

hello, you must read for 10 hours because you are preparing for jee.that is not easy task.so prepare well.....................all the best..........................

raj kumar one month ago
i am in 11 how i prepare for jee in 2018 how many iit college is there how is possible to get iit delhi nowhow i am 11 th how to prepare jee mains &advance

Dear student, If you want to study for IIT JEE than you may want to join our coaching institute askIITians.com’s online classroom program. For free demo class by IITian, visit...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Dear student You should work hard from beginning by regular self practising each subject’s theory as well as mcq.
  img
Bhavya one month ago

hello, first you must learn basics of all subjets.and learn concepts wise all the topics.you must remember formulas in maths.and do maditation in the morning time.all the best.

raj kumar one month ago
hi my name is harshit and my question is what is the minimum rank you have to get to be an aerospace engineer?

For aerospace engineerg in IITs you should get the rank in between 400 to 1000
  img
Avinash 10 months ago
Sir,how many times am I allowed to sit for aipmt exams?I`ve already given it two times and I`m below 25 years of age,general category.

ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats (i) He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st...
  img
Raheema Javed 8 months ago
i am now stuing in 12 and iam starting my preparation for iit from 1/11/9 i can study maximum hours required in next months i have all the required material also but i dont kow how sould i...

Dear prasan You have started your prepration from 1/11/09 so you have only hadly 5 month left. you have not mention what is the reason to leave coaching classes. you need to work hard...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago

Dear prasan upadhyay , Hope you are fine. I can understand your problem. Don't think about the past. Now the important thing you have to do is don't neglect the your present studies. While...

Askiitians Expert Nagaraju 6 years ago
Which college is better for stem cell engineering and what is its scope in india and abroad.

Dear Student, Stem cell engineering is new field in engineering so you should be very perticular before choosing this branch. I will suggest you to choose the govenment colleges or best...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off