Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 15,000 off
USE CODE: suraj30

SEEING THE FACT THAT SEATS HAVE INCREASED IN IITS THIS YEAR WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT OF OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS OF VARIOUS IITS OLD AND NEW AND ITBHU AND ISM DHANBAD WOULD THEY BE LOWERED THAN PREVIOUS YEAR ???????????????BY HOW MUCH????????PLEASE REPLY SOON AS I HAVE TO FILL IN MY CHOICES......... 

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Puneet

Given that seats have increased in almost every department, the closing rank should be a little lower than last year. The following trends will be observed though:

1) Old IITs will get filled first, the lower branches will also get preferred over the better branches in new IITs.

2) The opening ranks of new IITs will become better, as these IITs have now existed for a couple of years, hence an increasesd confidence in the students.

3) The opening ranks as well as the closing ranks of M.Sc courses and B_arch etc will go down as people have an aversion for these courses as they are not BTech. However, some of these departments have better placements than some of their BTech counterpart courses.

4) IT BHU and ISM Dhanbad will go down in preference further, as they do not give you the IIT Tag. Hence, the ranks will go further lower this year.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

how maNY tyms a person could attempt the exam

JEE advanced can be attempted for maximum of 2 times. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago

Three attempt for JEE mains. Thanks
  img

One can attempt JEE mains for thrice and Jee advance for twice and that too in subsequent years back to back, and you may follow these tips for preparation –Stay focused on your studies and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 7 months ago
Sir I wanted some suggestions for books as I m starting my preparations for IIT JEE main as well as advanced.i have noted down some books through different resources.i m attaching a pic of...

DEAR RIDDHI GUPTA, I SUPPOSE TO H.C.VARMA BOOK PHYSICAL SCIENCE.IT CONTAINS SO MANY PROBLEMS YOU CAN SOLVE IT BY EASY METHOD.AND FOR MATHES I HOPE NCERT BOOKS ARE BETTER....

SAI SARDAR 4 months ago

I encourage op tandon for chemistry hc verma for physics and dc gupta for mathematics as i hav started my prepartion for iit ignore remaing books and cengage publications are also good to...

Avinash abhi 4 months ago

U can use h.c.verma for physics,cyngage for maths nd chemistry nd Riddhi Gupta u can also use d.c.pandey as even I started doing the same.

Drovan Reddy 4 months ago
what could be the marks range for rank around 66 in Jee Advanced 2016. Please Tell me nearly accuratly. Thank u.

Can be around 370-380.
  img

It depends, but may be around 380, what is your score? Did you get in somewhere? if not then you may try at some other renowned institutions where the students are provided with quality...

Soneel Verma 7 months ago
what is the meaning of java is platform independent language? what is it significance?

Java solves the problem of platform-independence by using byte code. The Java compiler does not produce native executable code for a particular machine like a C compiler would. Instead it...

Shane Macguire 6 years ago
sir, what would be the scoring topics in physics and chemistry .

Physics Current Electricity – A thorough idea of Kirchoff’s law will help you solve related problems easily. Practice the problems carefully for a good score. The more you...
  img
Harishwar one year ago

In physics the the scoring topics are Newton’s laws of motion,friction,units and dimensions.In chemistry the scoring topics are chemical equilibrium,stoichiometry,atomic structure etc.

Drovan Reddy 4 months ago

Si

rammohan 4 months ago
After doing btech in cse from the extension campuses of bits mesra we will take part in placement from the mesra campus or from the extension campus in whih we were studying?

From the extension campus only.
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago

We do have a T&P Cell where the Coordinator is a a slave of your T&P Cell. We do have teachers who can't speak proper English and trust me all of them are pass outs of BIT Mesra Main Campus ...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 15,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 15,000 off