SEEING THE FACT THAT SEATS HAVE INCREASED IN IITS THIS YEAR WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT OF OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS OF VARIOUS IITS OLD AND NEW AND ITBHU AND ISM DHANBAD WOULD THEY BE LOWERED THAN PREVIOUS YEAR ???????????????BY HOW MUCH????????PLEASE REPLY SOON AS I HAVE TO FILL IN MY CHOICES......... 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Puneet

Given that seats have increased in almost every department, the closing rank should be a little lower than last year. The following trends will be observed though:

1) Old IITs will get filled first, the lower branches will also get preferred over the better branches in new IITs.

2) The opening ranks of new IITs will become better, as these IITs have now existed for a couple of years, hence an increasesd confidence in the students.

3) The opening ranks as well as the closing ranks of M.Sc courses and B_arch etc will go down as people have an aversion for these courses as they are not BTech. However, some of these departments have better placements than some of their BTech counterpart courses.

4) IT BHU and ISM Dhanbad will go down in preference further, as they do not give you the IIT Tag. Hence, the ranks will go further lower this year.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I just want an advice for the following Question. If I am planning to write JEE(B.Arch.), what else shoul I prepare for other than Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ?

Hello Student JEE MAIN 2014 B.Arch syllabus Part - I Awareness of persons. places. Buildings. Materials), Objects. Texture related to Architecture and build environment. Visualising three...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 days ago

Thank You Sir for the useful information.

Muhammad Shadhuly 3 days ago
12 gram of carbon reacted with oxygen to produce CO and CO2 at 25 degree and at constant pressure.75Kcal heat was liberated and no carbon reacted.calculate the mass of oxygen which...

Probably your question is not complet. So plz check it and post it again. ..........................................................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar 12 days ago

no sir,question is complete

vineet chatterjee 5 days ago
Find the locus of the mid point of the chord of a circle x 2 + y 2 = 4 such that the segment intercepted by the chord on the curve x 2 - 2x – 2y =0 subtends a right angle at the origin.

ohh , really?? have you even tried to draw the figure urself ??? all the segments intercepted on this curve inside the circle subtend an obtuse angle

abhidon3 19 days ago

well its a correct question

Vikrant Prasad 20 days ago

hey man ,, why you guyz post such a question which are either wong or incompete ,, it wastes too much time ,,,

abhidon3 21 days ago
Sir what is better - Aerospace, Engineering physics or Mathematics and Computing?

Hi Archit, If you are getting Maths & computing at IIT D, just go for it & dont think twice because the placements are damn good. Aerospace & Engineering physics both are good...
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago

PLEASE CHOOSE THE BRANCH THAT YOU LOVE BY LOOKING AT WHAT EACH BRANCH WILL ALLOW YOU TO DO. PLACEMENTS ARE USELESS. THEY ARE TEMPORARY. IF YOU REALLY WANT GOOD CAREER GROWTH TAKE THE DEPT OF...

Vineet Vinayak 5 months ago

Sir I’m getting the following branches M&C (4 year) at Kanpur and Guwahati and 5 year integrated at BHU and Kharagpur. Aerospace Engineering (5 year integrated) at Kharagpur Engineering...

Archit Singh 5 months ago
at what time should one start preparing for iit jee??

Dear ANSHUL SHUKLA IIT JEE ine of the toughest compititive exam.And day by day compitition is increasing for IITs. So i will suggest you to start prepearing for IIT JEE from 11th standard....

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 4 years ago
please help me , i want to give practise test papers for medical entrance exams 2015 only at specfiec dates please suggest me some coaching institute names/ online coaching

You should contact the askIITians website. We provide with online lectures and give coaching for entrance exams for engineering as well as medical. You can also find the study material from...
  img
Apoorva Arora 5 months ago
View all Questions »