iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
my age is 19 and i m going to give 12 th board though state board next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

READ JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria 1. Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects They must have studied any one...
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 days ago

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born onorafter 1 st October 1989. So for JEE 2015you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e.,Born on or after...
  img
Aziz Alam 10 days ago

Yes , you will be eligible for the jee, you should read good books for preperation, http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx, read this article all good books are mentioned in...
  img
Sher Mohammad 10 days ago
how many marks i have to score in jee advanced to qualyfie for iit bombay mach. engg. in ge category..???? GENREL

IIT Bombay Mechanical Engineering 2013 Opening Rank:24Closing Rank: 477 (GE) Hence, taking into consideration a minor shift in the opening and closing ranks for 2014, its safe to say that...
  img
Aziz Alam 13 days ago
6x-13x+6

I think you want to ask solution for 6x-13x+6=0 which is equal to 7x=6 x=6/7 sher mohammad faculty askiitians b.tech, iit delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 17 days ago
can i please know,which one is better,nit or iist?what are scopes of space study in india?

To be frank its a very rare chance that you would get a ticket to NASA or a better space organization thatn ISRO by joining ISRO . Ofcourse the job is sure , but its more of a professorship...

kavish Dwivedi one year ago

thescope of space study is very high in india through which u can get admission direclty into NASA or ISRo.you must prefer either the sout nit''s or then iist. ALL THE BEST for your better...

Madhukar Thalore one year ago

it is no doubt that iist has better scope for space studies..........it is specially designed for that purpose.........may we know your jee main rank ...so we can tell you where to get...

archie sri one year ago
sir, whenever i try to save my choices during choice filling why does the website crash. Everything just goes blank. Ithere an explaination. please help thank you.

The problem is with either server or network , you should try in the morning. sher mohammad faculty askiitans b.tech, iit delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

I am also having the same problem and my choices also goes blank after saving them....!

KOOL one month ago
Two blocks A and B which are identical weighing W, each are supported by a rod inclined at 45 degree to the horizontal as showing the fig. If the blocks are in limiting equilibrium, find the...

Dear student, Please put up the figure as well for the question, so that the question is clear. As it is not clear whether the blocks are inclined with the rods or the rods are above the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 days ago
View all Questions »