iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how to get admission in iit for architecture ….….…................is there any paper for architecture like jee main paper 2 ….….….….please tell …....explain procedure..........

Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is a test carried specially for the students interested in pursuing Architecture in IITs.It’s a 3 hour test which you need to give apart from JEE(Main)...
  img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago

that means firstly i have clear jee main paper 2 and then jee advance then AAT

milind 6 months ago
Three angles of a triangle ABC are in Arithmetic progression and two sides are in the ratio b : c = √3 : √2. Find angle A.

Hii use property of AP and then use the formulae of cosine from solution of triangles to get the answer in the required format. [a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2bc\cos\alpha\,] Best
  img
Sourabh Singh 4 months ago
RIGHT NOW I AM IN CLASS 12 th AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN I APPER FOR IIT ENTRANCE EXAM AFTER 2 YEARS OF PASSING MY 12TH CLASS AND RIGHT NOW MY AGE IS 16+9 PLZ SOME ONE RPLY

Hi, You can sit fior JEE Advanced only in the year your are giving your 12 th board exams, and the year immediately next to it. So you cant appear for the exam after 2 years....
  img
Yash Baheti 4 months ago

what if i dont give the exam immediately after passing 12 , and after having some coaching after 12 for to years

nikhil pawar 3 months ago
sir this year i am giving ntse exam...but i am not taking classes for it...so sir kaise prepare karna hoga..

Most of thing will come from your school syllabus. First, you should focus on the school study, plus there is a book for NTSE exam by Tata Mcgraw hill. You should focus on the book as well....
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
Sir, I got a rank of 4552 (All India) and a state rank of 523. I want to pursue my bachelors in Biotechnology and have zeroed down on BIT MESRA and NIT WARANGAL. Which one is better???

Out of BITS Mesra and NIT Warangl, in context to Biotechnology, NIT Warangal is better than BITS Mesra. This comparison is based on quality of education, higher studies prospectus and...
  img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago
Please help with the question: A variable straight line throigh the poin of intersection of the lines x/a +y/b=1 and x/b + y/a =1 meets the coordinate axes at A and B . Show that the locus...

Hi, Equation of family of lines passing through intersection of these two lines is given by: (x/a + y/b -1) + q (x/b + y/a -1) = 0 (1/a + q/b)x + (1/b + q/a)y -(1+q) = 0 Find the coordinates...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago
View all Questions »