iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hey, I am from Bangalore, I am in a bad situation now, the problem is have just done my 10 std in 2010, and I quit school for good reasons. Now I have decieded to resume my sudies and do my...

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born on or after 1 st October 1989 . So for JEE 2015 you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e., Born on or...
  img
Aziz Alam 25 days ago
I have got Engineering physics in IIT B and will be getting bits pilani pilani campus eee(or)cse. Which branch and college shud i opt for, I am in a confusion plz help me

If you can try branch change in IIT Bombay go for it , otherwise the pilani campus cse is a very good option , it will have better future scope than your previous option.
  img
Sher Mohammad 17 days ago
Will IITs and/or ISM carry out spot counselling in 2014.

Spot counselling is for NITs, IIITs 7 other institutes.IITs & ISM don not participate in Spot Counselling. Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians
  img
Aziz Alam 11 days ago
My JEE mains score is 275 and CBSE 97.2%.JEE Advanced score is 191. BITs – 338.Expected to get Electronics and Instrumentation in Pilani and also getting CS in IIIT Hyd , NSIT and DTU. IIT...

You should join cs at DTU, it has nice scope. sher mohammad faculty askiitians b.tech, iit delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

With 275, you can get 4/5 year CSE at IIIT H. Its far far better than NSIT, DTU and even the IITs except that IIT B CSE and IIT K CSE are almost of similar level.

kavish Dwivedi one month ago

On what basis we can get DTU ? My son expecting 197 in advance.. 219 he got in mains,, 89.2% in 12 th . Please advsie

anil one month ago
I am expecting a 8000-10000 rank in JEE mains,where I scored 196 in mains and 93.4% in boards.How should I fill the choices in various rounds ? I mean if I choose a branch in a college where...

You should chose a branch in similar good colleges , for example in old NITs, you should give prefrence to branch, but you should give preference to nits over private or new NITs.
  img
Sher Mohammad 17 days ago
what is the cutoff for nit durgapur homestate general category in various streams??

The closing ranks for NIT durgapur homestate general category in various streams are as shown below: 1. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur- Civil Engineering - Round 1- 15335 2....
  img
Ramreddy 11 days ago
View all Questions »