iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Definite integration

The answer is 1.09861228866.

noneool one month ago

The answer is 1.09861228866.

noneool one month ago

ya, But how to solve it?

Nihal Raj one month ago
d.c.pandey or h.c.verma or b.m.sharma is best for both mains&advance 2015 plzzzzz help

yes hc verma so nice book for IIT-JEE and dc pandey also very nice book ...both book give level of JEE Mains ques as well as Jee advance …. Best of Luck!!!

Soumya Sen 3 months ago

yes

Soumya Sen 3 months ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 3 months ago
I AM A 10TH GRADE STUDENT.I AM INTERESTED IN CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY AS WELL AS IN DOING ANIMATION GRAPHICS.WHAT FIELD OR STREAM SHOULD I CHOOSE:COMPUTER SCINCE OR BIOLOGY IN 11TH STD.HELP...

1.Physics, chemistry would be common subjects to persue COMPUTER SCIENCE professional or BIO-Medical professional. 2. If you want to be a computer professional as...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

you see , computer science which you are talking about is quite different with respect to animation graphics. But biology syllabus will be same as you have studied till 10 th , only the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 2 months ago
how to apply for tensors examination

TENSORS, a mock IIT-JEE conducted by students of IIT-Madras. The test is generally conducted at Hyderabad and few other places in Andhra Pradesh, Bangalore , Kerala around December every...

Ramesh V 5 years ago
I am a 12 th CBSE Computer Science student. Is it advisable to attend the BIOLOGY SECTION in KVPY exam??

Its oK For more updates and queries you can ask as many questions as you like. Thanks n Best of Luck Again. . . . .. . . . .. . . ...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Yes If you think you are capable enogh to sail hrough it. Best of Luck. . . . . . .. …. . . .. .. . .. . . . . . .
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Thank You Sir..

D Vishal one month ago
View all Questions »