ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is the Universe made of?

Imagine you want to determine the mass of a house and its contents. You pick up the house and set it on a giant scale. Let's say, for argument's sake, you measure the mass to be...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 11 days ago

You should watch "how the universe works." it's a collection of documentaries on this very subject. Most importantly, they leave the god hypothesis out and give you an explanation that makes...

vikas yadav 6 days ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 6 months ago
How would you take common factor? Is it correct? 12a+?

incoplete question??????

vikas yadav 10 days ago

srry forr that!

TEJKIRAT SINGH 9 days ago
What are Important chapters of inorganic chemistry

Classification of element and periodicity in properties General principals and processes of isolation of metals Hydrogen Block elements( Alkali and Alkaline earth metal) Block elements,d and...
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 11 months ago
A BATTERY OF EMF 10 V AND INTERNAL RESISTANCE OF 0.5 OHM IS CONNECTED ACROSS A VARIABLE RESISTANCE R.THE MAXIMUM VALUE OF R IS GIVEN BY 0.5 OHM 1.00 OHM 2.0 OHM 0.25 OHM

First of all, you must be awared with the Maximum Power transfer theorem..in which, the power delivered would be maximum across the external resistance, if internal resistance of the circuit...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago
respeected sir, i wanted to know my opprtunities for admission.i have got 303 in BITSAT-2014 and in the first iteration i am placed in the waiting list.sir i have even applied for chemical...

Dont worry since the cutoffs vary from year to year, So it not possible to predict exactly which branch you will get this time. But as per your rank you will get chemical at BITs...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago
View all Questions »