iit jee paper I question no 21 code 7 the answer given by some is  0 while others gave it as 8. kindly explain .

Based on VSEPR theory, the number of 90 degree F-Br-F angles in BrF, is 

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear veluri

The structure of BrF5 is square pyramidal. The number of FBrF angles having the value of 90º is eight (8).

but Due to trivial distortion, however, the bond angles (F—Br—F) are slightly less than 90º(85º).

so this question has slight confusion.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
a projectile can have the same range R for two angles of projection.if t 1 and t 2 be the times of flight in the two cases,then what is the product of two times of flight?

Dear student, We have, Now, This, on solving gives: Substituting for the speeds and the angles from the first equation, would give the required result. Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago
lim (e^x +e^-x+2cosx -4)x^4 x-0

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below It is zero by zero from. Use L’Hospital rule
  img
Jitender Singh 11 days ago

its very simple.write all the expressionss.and get 1/6

Abhishek Pachauri 10 days ago
I have got 10,715 rank in JEE Advance 2014. Can i get any IIT at this rank. I have got 15,063 rank in JEE Main 2014. I have few Query Should i prefer branch or college? Should i prefer good...

The closing rank for IITs last time around was around 7500. So its better you go for a college in JEE Main counselling. Your preference should be a mix of both branch and college.Drop should...
  img
Aziz Alam 27 days ago
Which gov. colleges are good for civil engineering on basis of placement? Tell if private are better than gov. in Delhi-NCR?

Hi, There are very few govt. colleges in Delhi who offers Civil. However there are various universities which offers Civil. DCE being the best in Delhi offers Civil. Apart from it Amity,...
  img
Yash Baheti 23 days ago
Hello Sir, I am a bit confused with something. I hope you will help me out. I know that it’s important to be in top 20 percentile to appear for IIT Adv. But is it also important to get...

No, it is not necessary to be in top 20 percentile for NITs. If you score very good marks, you will definitely get NIT of your choice. But, for admission in IITs, you must be in top 20...

Vidushi 16 days ago

Thank you

Siddharth Singh 9 days ago
Sir my BITSAT score is 355 , in the first round iteration of BITS pilani I got EEE in Goa ...Do I have a chance in BITS PIlani – Pilani campus in either Mech or EEE ??

First of all, congratulations for your success.You have a pretty good chance of getting both Mech (337 cutoff-2013 & 332 cutoff-2012) and EEE(343 cutoff-2013 & 343 cutoff-2012) in...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
View all Questions »